When the wife's away....

BlkWolfe

Quick catchup from the last couple weeks...

Sump and frag tank are in. First pic is the 90g frag tank. Sump is thin but with some extra baffles it'll work. Anybody have extra 3/8" glass around? :D

Second pic is the Reef Ceramics pillars. Not much to look at out of water. Was hoping to go taller but wasnt sure i could get them inside with the clearance on top of the tank. Really wanted one of the pillars to break the waters surface. oh well.

Got a Red Dragon 8.2 because of space and electrical constraints. Its nice, but gotta say im a little disappointed with it. Moves just as much water as the 380w iwaki 100rlt for only 70w though.

And finally, got tired of waiting for ATI T5 hoods, so stopped into golds and picked up a 6x54w Tek light for the frag tank. Need to work on the bulb combination though.

Next stop is Axe for some DJ power strips...

post-88-1161230669_thumb.jpg

post-88-1161230753_thumb.jpg

post-88-1161230897_thumb.jpg

post-88-1161231258_thumb.jpg

• 1 month later...
  • Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

K here we go...

Tank is full and semi-scaped. Had fish in it for a couple months (i think its been a couple months?). However having no skimmer, feeding the fish well, and not doing a water change since it was filled left me with a 400g diatom garden. Did a 200g water change last week, and buddy Neal set me up with some mexican turbos that have been going to town.

Sump is baffled, plumbing is done and leaks hopefully fixed (water test tonight)...

As for the boxes...see pic

post-88-1166225502_thumb.jpg

• 3 weeks later...
K here we go...

Tank is full and semi-scaped. Had fish in it for a couple months (i think its been a couple months?). However having no skimmer, feeding the fish well, and not doing a water change since it was filled left me with a 400g diatom garden. Did a 200g water change last week, and buddy Neal set me up with some mexican turbos that have been going to town.

Sump is baffled, plumbing is done and leaks hopefully fixed (water test tonight)...

As for the boxes...see pic

Is it related to R2D2? Maybe a cousin? That is a really impressive.......even a huge.....definately a complicated....ok I give up , it is a skimmer?

Yes it is indeed a skimmer. Because of space constraints, and wanting to try something new, a buddy in minneapolis with a full acrylic workshop (including two CNC's) put it together. Lookup a Deltec 1004, and this is basically a 20" taller version of that using ocean runner pumps instead of Eheims. I really need to get an airflow meter to tune it in a bit better, but i think its somewhat serviceable at the moment.

Ran it for 5 days on its own with saltwater separate from the system, and here's the first cup of skimmate, 24 hours of operation in its place. I should mention theres only 12 fish in the 600g system.

post-88-1167898323_thumb.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

man that is one sick tank!

are you going with one tank or are you going to run the hole lot.

is it going to be a reef tank!

if so i have some goodies you could put i their

green cap size of a big dinner plate!

bluetip stag small basketball!

to big for harvey,s old cube.

Edited by saltynuts