When the wife's away....

BlkWolfe

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I bought all my T5 parts individually. Theres a thick white O-ring around the bulb then another thin black one that surrounds the prongs on the bulb. However i tested out the IC660 I had earmarked for the frag tank and it's fried. So being the lazy sob i am, Albert's bringing in an ATI hood for me. If anybody needs IC endcaps/standoffs and SLS reflectors, they'll be up for sale soon. Saves me building a whole hood and mount for my retro anyway.

The sump and frag tank are ordered, finally, so 2-3 weeks for that. Soon as the sump is in i can add the third leg at the front of the stand and fill it up. Also hoping to replace my iwaki 100 with something a little less power hungry...

Hopefully get a little plumbing done in the next few days as well

and the Acrylic is 3/4", shipping was included in the purchase price

Josh i can't beleive you don't have water in there yet.

Yeah me too. Need more time, and to get my sump. Might just find some glass and build it myself, havent been able to find the builder, and dont know when its gonna be done now.

Little good news little bad news. Bad news is i had a little problem with oxygen depletion in the 140g reef on thursday (only had the lights on for 2 hours, and my cheato ball is bigger than a 5g bucket now), lost a 5" Pink Margin Wrasse, and my favorite fish, the Regal Angel ive had for a year and a half.

Good news is the basic plumbing is almost done, and i got teasers of the skimmer. btw, mine is small one :D

post-88-1158440726_thumb.jpg

Equipment fairy arrived today with a Medusa dual stage controller, and a Jetstream 1 calcium reactor. Gotta say the medusa is a bit of a dissappointment, but the Schuran looks absolutely beautiful. Aside from looking damn goofy from online pics, in person its actually very nicely put together.

post-88-1158909078_thumb.jpg

post-88-1158909134_thumb.jpg

So I've heard (your the 4th to inform me :P ). Ill be adding my own baffles, didnt know what i was doing pump/return wise when i ordered. Wasnt planning on baffling the middle of the tank and let it serve as one big fuge/cheato ball area, but i may have to for strength now.

Alberts taking care of it. may come down saturday to have a look, and pummel him as required. Its all good :D

and since im here, nother teaser on the skimmer slightly farther along

post-88-1159404798_thumb.jpg

• 3 weeks later...