Riverfront Aquariums 2 fo 1 Sale

Toirtis

Just a heads up for all the out of town and forgetful types, the monthly Riverfront Aquariums 2 for 1/50% off sale goes this Saturday, Aug 12th, from 10am-6pm...all FW fish and plants are 50% off/2for1 except the Asian aros, which are 25% off. By Saturday, the shop will have had 5 big shipments of fish in since Aug 1, so the tanks should be very well stocked.

what kinda shrimp is in at riverfront right now?

Just some algae-eating shrimp.

Plants were delayed a week, and should have been in today, but will not be in until next Wednesday.

More zebra snails and live blackworms in today (Wednesday) afternoon.

what kinda shrimp is in at riverfront right now?

Just some algae-eating shrimp.

Plants were delayed a week, and should have been in today, but will not be in until next Wednesday.

More zebra snails and live blackworms in today (Wednesday) afternoon.

Do you know what variety? Are they Caridina japonica (aka Amano Shrimp)?

Do you also know how big they are now and\or whether you tnink they might survive in a planted 240 gal with Discus?

It would be my first experience with shrimp.

Any guidance would be apreciated.

It's probably better for everyone if people with specific questions like this give the store a call. Christian does his best to answer them but he's not always able to reply for a couple days and might not have up to the minute info. I don't get to the store very much myself these days so I can't always help out either, I'd hate to tell someone we had something in stock only to find out it was sold since I was there last.

The store numer is 265-8157

For the questions that are already here

HmgBrd: I'm not sure of the exact species but they aren't Amanos, they are about 1cm now and should reach a size of 2 or 3 cm. They should be okay in the warmer water your discus need but they might get eaten, call it a 50/50 chance.

Neely: There are w/c teacups and motoros as well as a big retic and flower ray that came in on the 8th, we got a shipment of captive bred leopoldi and motoros last week which is really nice to see. You'd want to call to confirm exactly what is still in stock.

Wibber: Lots, depends what you are after. For fancy stuff we've received L260, L18, L24, L34 and L200 in the past 10 days as well as some rubbers. We usually have clown and bristlenose in stock and I think there is a big L400 somewhere still too. I know there's lots more but that's what I can recall off the top of my head.

It's cool if people want to ask stuff here but please keep in mind that we'll reply as soon as we have a chance and that the info might not be 100% current.

Looks like there's lots of interest for the sale this month, should be a nice relaxing for me way to spend a Saturday. -roll-

Aaron

I just wanted to say thank you for the updates. I will be there tomorrow to pick up some Lyonsi (sp?) and maybe a pleco. Because I am living in the Windermere Valley now, knowing about the special fish that are in (neotrop cichlids for me), it allows me to set up extra tanks and make the trip in with fish in mind.

So thank you Christian and Aaron, I really appreciate your hard work and I now look for your posts first before any other. I owe you both beer. The only problem is that I only run into you at the store or in McDonalds. :drunk:

Kevin

Edited by Kevin