Dammit..........

Barracuda-m

Emergency? Maybe. Possibly too late to do anything about it.

Last night, I fed my crays and went to bed. This morning, I checked on them, and my big beautiful bright blue female is AWOL.

I just transferred them to a 29 gallon tank, and didn't have the top secured. They were living happily in a ten gallon before that.

My question is, how far can they travel? I checked a 5 foot radius around the immediate area, and came up empty handed. How long can she live all dry like that? I'm pretty tore up about it.

Check the house, not just a 5m radius. They can get pretty far.

Not sure how long she can last, but find her and toss her in water if there are ANY signs of life at all.

I got this from http://bluecrayfish.com/north_american_cra...h_care_she.htm:

"WHAT TO DO IF YOU FIND YOUR CRAYFISH AFTER IT HAS ESCAPED FROM YOUR TANK: If a cray has been out of water for any significant period of time, then DO NOT put the cray directly into deep water (i.e. its tank). The cray’s gills need time to slowly re-adjust to water, to prevent the possibility of drowning. Instead, put the cray into a bucket that has tall enough sides to be sure the cray cannot escape, and put just enough water into the bucket to completely cover the cray when it's standing on all its legs (NO MORE!). Also put a flat "cray-comfortable" rock in the bucket, so the cray can climb up on the rock, out of the water, if it wants to. Leave the cray in the bucket for 24 hours. Then, if the cray is still doing well, pick it up and hold it upside down for a few minutes just under the surface of the tank water, to give any trapped air bubbles in the gills a chance to escape. ONLY then, put the cray all the way back into the tank."

GOOD LUCK!

Js

crap...........I found her in my bedroom, behind my bed. All dried up and no signs of life. I put her in water anyway (just a little tupperware, enough to cover her) I think its an exercise in futility, personally.

Thanks to all who replied, I appreciate it. RIP Fluffy II

Aww poor little thing.................Sorry to hear that she escaped,

One of our Sharks jumped tank today too................too late to

save him. I still wonder how he fit between the filter and cover?

:cry: :cry:

silly fish