AquaGiant Tanks

Vallisneria

It seems my sister wants to get a fish tank and was asking me all sorts of stuff about which tanks are best. I told her i'd look into to as i've never bought a full tank/stand/hood setup. They just bought a new house and want something that looks nice as the tank will probably go into the living room.

I told them about Aqua Giants tanks as i've heard a few reviews and they seem to be ok and decently priced. They went and looked around the store and said they liked they corner and liked how the stand came in silver(my sister is a silver freak).

So my question is, how well built are they tanks? I remember hearing that they have a built in filter. Is the filter any good? Can you not use the tanks filter and put on Aqua clears if you wanted? How about lighting? OR durability or the stands? I've never really looked that closely at the tanks when i've gone there so i need some reports from people who actually have them.

Oh, and are they really less expensive then say buying a full setup(stand/hood) from big als?

I just heard this weekend, that they offer a lifetime warranty, as well. I had a look at Sammy's a while back. The filter is like the Eclipse - in the canopy. Looks pretty solid.

I know once we get some renos done around my place, we'll be picking one up.

I've had two 10g seamless bows and one 20g seamless bow.

The 20g split down the right front bend, fully from top to bottom, and exactly down the middle of the bend. The two 10g's have been fine and in use for about 6 months before they moved to the closet.

Buddy has one of the 8.5g "all-in-ones" with the filter in the back wall. Ill ask him how he liked it, but i think he ended up gutting it and just using it for water flow.

The new ones ,55Gal and up, have 3 lights, one that's in the flip up lid itself. The filter is powered by a submersed water pump, water runs through 2 and some models 3 spray bars into the layers of filter media, and returned either though a single return spout or spray bar. The water pump also has an airation attachment witch really stirs up a lot of bubbles. In some models they also have UG filters.It makes it for a "clutter free" water enviroment, fairly easy to hide or disguise the equipment. Thick glass and lifetime warenty. I want one too.

Good Morning,

We are currenty running 2 of the Aquagiant tanks. I have been running my 60gal tank for over a year with no problems at all. I did not mind the hoodfilter design either and it worked great but the trick was making sure to add the right amount of media for the trays. Another great feature that I liked was the Hood assembly is in 2 parts that snap together to make a nice tight fit over the whole tank or you can remove the filter portion and add an HOB, Canister... anything you need. And they do give a lifetime warranty on thier tanks aslong as they are used on their stands. One thing I was alittle worried about were the end caps on the lights, they didnt seem that water proof to me and I did burn out a couple bulbs from the condensation but after moving around my intank air stone I was able to keep the lights dry.

post-128-1156694708_thumb.jpg

post-128-1156694726_thumb.jpg

The second picture shows where the water returns into the tank. Depending on the media you use in the tray

I would leave this portion media free.

HTH,

Sammy