Digging

lukep77

Think of it as interior decorating. They want their territory to be as comfortable as possible - well, more along the lines of as condusive to spawning as possible.

Aren't they fun. Mine are always redecorating and when I go in and straighten up they get very upset. They want thier space to be th :bow: ier own LOL

So I did a little re decorating today and added a nice big teracota pot and acouple smaller ones, made some nice caves, I thought that that might make them a little more at home.

So now my other question is how long before some of the couples in there start getting down to buisiness?

Is there some thing I need to do or just keep them feed and warm.

As for the digging they almost got through about 5 inches of sand, on one side of the tank.

Edited by lukep77

I find they prefer to move the gravel or sand and leave a clean bottom area for the newly hatched fry. Our Julies and Brichardi do the same thing. Once the fry are free swimming the parents almost herd them into this area and remove any debri ( old food, feces, plant matter). I call it the nursery.