ON its way!

FishBrain

It has officially started now. I changed the stand I got around (so it would fit)

and got the tank on and sump in, so I thought I would post a couple pics of my slow and painful process of this 90G salt. I will keep updating as I go along. BUT at least it is on the stand and I can begin putting the plumbing in. I should (fingers crossed) be getting my lights on the weekend.

Hood

PICT1721.jpg

Tank on stand

PICT1726.jpg

Sump in stand

PICT1727.jpg

yeah yeah yeah...NO the light fixture will NOT be there when I add water. ;)

Edited by FishBrain

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 3 weeks later...

Ok so the plumbing has reached its end (for the time being) looking for one more part and away I go. I need a 2" barbed wye fitting for the overflow!!!!

I found a tee and that will have to work for now. I will post a pick of it when I get water into it for leak test (tonight oh please Dog let it be tonight) and post them. Also got my light and need to hang it in the hood so I can put the hood in place and show that off too.

All right! I have plumbed in two 2" drains that go into a wye joint and drop into one side of a 33G sump, I am using a Coralife Skimmer in the sump, with an Ocean Runner 6500 running through a 1" hose that divides into 3/4" through a Tee and returns through 4, 1/2" Loc-Line...only thing that bothers me is the Orange in the returns. I decided to go with Tek Light, HO T4 lights. (4 bulb system)

But here it is getting filled up.

PICT1733.jpg

and here is a side shot of the overflow running in "leak test" mode

PICT1734.jpg

Edited by Canadbis

Looks like there will be a lot of flow. Are you doing SPS?

Brad

I may have a few but I really prefer Mushrooms, and LPS.

I am going this way because I read about people using a baster to clean under rocks and I am hoping to direct flow under so I dont have to baste. I am also hoping to not have to add a powerhead. with the way it is flowing I dont believe I am going to. :)

• 2 weeks later...

Alright the Hood is on and the Sand is in. One piece of live rock in the tank and one in the Sump.

Here are a couple more pics.

Light to go into the hood over the next couple days.

PICT1737.jpg

and another

PICT1738.jpg

Darn children, green marker!!

looks like it will be painted black (eventually)

Edited by Canadbis