Now don't go get all excited on me....

dunl

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

How would a school of white cloud minnows do in a CA/SA tank? Would they just gorge themselves on the white clouds until they are gone (say firemouths?), or would they possibly survive?

Try looking into some of the Gynogeophagus species.

They are perdy cool, but alittle hard to find.

I had some Gymnogeophagus rhabdotis and they were awesome.

I would suggest looking into the geophagus iporaguensis. It is like the g. brasiliensis, but is only supposed to grow to 6" and in my opinion, its colours are more impressive. I currently have three that I am trying to form a pair with.

Edited by dcookcan

• 3 weeks later...

Have you looked at the Aequidens rivulatus (Green Terror)?

Very colourful, very cool, very prolific (my pair lay about every 2-3 weeks).

The male should max out at about 20cm with the female a bit smaller.

Very animated but not toooooo aggresive, except when they're spawning - then all bets are off :D

Here's a shot of my male ... post-675-1168734102_thumb.jpg

Edited by vic622

Very nice. I know there is an Aquidens species at the Red Deer Petland, but not those.....diadema, maybe it was?

I got my pair from Franco's in Calgary about a year ago, before I moved across the mountains. All I can say is that they are far and away the most impressive fish in any of my tanks and not nearly as aggresive as the African species.

I looked at some pics of the diadema's, and they seem to have the same body shape, but not nearly as much colour as the rivulatus'.

Vic

I have a pair of GTs, the white edged ones White Saum. I would love to add a pair of the red edged ones like yours Vic, they are really nice. I like how the tail comes to a point on yours. Sue

Edited by Qattarra

I have a pair of GTs, the white edged ones White Saum. I would love to add a pair of the red edged ones like yours Vic, they are really nice. I like how the tail comes to a point on yours. Sue

Hi Sue,

I've seen lots of pictures of the males, but not many with as distinct a tail as his. This pic doesn't do him justice - it's actually neon orange edging - hard to get the colour shift right. The female has the same coloration, without the pointy tail, in a slightly smaller package :D

Vic

I agree with the terror suggestion, I have two females, one with red trimmed fins, and one with white(new baby), they are smaller and less aggressive/colorful than the males, but very very social fish!

They run a close second to my Oscar(underwater puppy dog) in the personality dept.