NEW INDO SUPPER RED

babymack

HEY GUY'S HAVINT BEEN ON THIS FOREVER LOL... I JUST PICKED UP A INDO SUPPER RED FROM GOLDS THE OTHER DAY.. VERY HAPPY CAUSE I'VE WANTED ONE OF THESE FOR LIKE 8 YEARS SINCE MY 1ST SILVER AROWANA... I HAVE UPGRADED FROM SILVER TO PEARL TO BLACK TO GREEN TO RED TAIL AND FINALLY THE RED!!!!! SHE IS VERY HEALTHY EATTING LOTS. GREAT FINS AND BODY WITH PERFECT SCALES..

GOTTA THANK DENISE AT GOLDS FOR MAKING ME BUY THIS!!!

WHAT YOU GUYS THINK

dubblered.jpg

red.jpg

DARREN

Edited by babymack

Very nice...makes me want that A+ violet gold-head even more...well, going to have to move some tanks, I suppose.

YA THE GOLD HEAD IS EXPENSIVE TOO.. BUT WOULD BE VERY NICE I LIKED THE ONE THEY HAD A RIVER FRONT THE SHAFIRE GOLD THAT ONE WAS NICE THE FISH WAS PERFECT!!!

oohhh nice!! i think that was the one i wanted to buy. was it on the top in the middle tank?? then i thought about it....hmmm....i think i want a blue based x-back....hmm...i will continue to save up my pennies.

looks good. carful with the water changes. i was using the same method as i used for my cichlids( drain water, treat whole tank hose in new water from tap) this was NOT good for the aro. the chlorine was not being nuetrilized fast enough. aro sufferd from multiple chipped scales. i have been aging my water in a 30gal tank with a heater and air stone for at least 10 hours before i pump it into the main tank. i still use aquaplus in the holding tank. scales are starting to heal, but it is a long process and my patients are wearing thin. i have a 180gal and i change 20 gal every three days. i have had great success with this. dont forget the temp for the aro tank should be be higher than normal. i wasnt informed of this when i purchased. it was the one thing i didnt look up in my research before i bought. i run my tank a about 28.5 dergrees. im sure you have done all your research, but if you have any questions i will be happy to answer. i was a first time aro keeper when i got this guy and have learned a lot in the last 6 months. im still a noob but i have worked through some sticky times.

-paul

oh one more thing, when my aro was new to the tank he was kinda jumpy. tank is beside my bed, so when i would roll over at night he would jump hard. i kept my water level very low(10 inches) for the first bit. now he is not so jumpy but he will still attack a floating plant at night some times. he has caught him self on the glass brace a couple of time causing some damage(he healed well) water is still kept 5 inches from the top.

sorry babbling on and on and on,

-paul

Edited by hanner944

oohhh nice!! i think that was the one i wanted to buy. was it on the top in the middle tank?? then i thought about it....hmmm....i think i want a blue based x-back....hmm...i will continue to save up my pennies.

looks good. carful with the water changes. i was using the same method as i used for my cichlids( drain water, treat whole tank hose in new water from tap) this was NOT good for the aro. the chlorine was not being nuetrilized fast enough. aro sufferd from multiple chipped scales. i have been aging my water in a 30gal tank with a heater and air stone for at least 10 hours before i pump it into the main tank. i still use aquaplus in the holding tank. scales are starting to heal, but it is a long process and my patients are wearing thin. i have a 180gal and i change 20 gal every three days. i have had great success with this. dont forget the temp for the aro tank should be be higher than normal. i wasnt informed of this when i purchased. it was the one thing i didnt look up in my research before i bought. i run my tank a about 28.5 dergrees. im sure you have done all your research, but if you have any questions i will be happy to answer. i was a first time aro keeper when i got this guy and have learned a lot in the last 6 months. im still a noob but i have worked through some sticky times.

-paul

oh one more thing, when my aro was new to the tank he was kinda jumpy. tank is beside my bed, so when i would roll over at night he would jump hard. i kept my water level very low(10 inches) for the first bit. now he is not so jumpy but he will still attack a floating plant at night some times. he has caught him self on the glass brace a couple of time causing some damage(he healed well) water is still kept 5 inches from the top.

sorry babbling on and on and on,

-paul

ya i have learnt alot ovver the 7-8 years of owning these fish!!! i change water once a weeks and everytime i change it i fill again so the water sits for a week before i use it..

Is that a bare bottom tank? Looks as if there is no substrate from the pics.

no its not bare i have black sand in it just a bit tho for the stingrays

:bow: NICE ARO!!!!! How big is he? Do you know which breeder he came from??

I'm hoping to get one or more some day and I've read that " Panda aquatics " or

"Dragon Fish industries" are the most reputable breeders. what do you think?

shes about 7" ya those are real good breeders i love dragon industry fish!!! thats why i was gonna get one from riverfront but i notice that they don't care for their fish very well. i would buy one if they just got it in!!!

Beautiful fish. Will she color up when she gets older?

i love dragon industry fish!!! thats why i was gonna get one from riverfront but i notice that they don't care for their fish very well. i would buy one if they just got it in!!!

I, and the store, take considerable offense at that remark...I suggest that you quickly and carefully consider and substantiate what you are saying.

i love dragon industry fish!!! thats why i was gonna get one from riverfront but i notice that they don't care for their fish very well. i would buy one if they just got it in!!!

I, and the store, take considerable offense at that remark...I suggest that you quickly and carefully consider and substantiate what you are saying.

HEY I'M NOT TRYING TO START ANYTHING BUT I'VE BEEN IN THERE STARING AT THEM FOR HOURS AND I KNOW EVERYTHING THAT IS WRONG WITH EACH FISH LOOK AT THE SHAFFIRE GOLD X-BACK FOR EXAMPLE. THAT WAS ONE NICE FISH AND LOOK AT HIS FINS AND GILLS WHEN HE GREW!!! LOOK AT MOST OF THE REDS THAT WAS NEVER SOLD WITH GILL CURL AND FIN ROT AND BAD SCALES FROM THE CARE!! I KNOW MY ARO'S AND I KNOW THESE FISH ARE NOT IN GOOD HEALTH THAT IS WHY I NEVER BOUGHT A ARO FROM THE STORE... AND THAT JUST SAYING WHAT I FEEL... I DON'T EVEN KNOW WHERE GOLDS GET THEIR FISH FROM AND I BOUGHT ONE BUT I LOVE DRAGON INDUSTRY ARO'S FOR WHAT THEY DO THERE AND STILL HAVE NOT BOUGHT ONE FROM THERE FOR THAT REASON!!! SORRY IF I AFENDED YOU BUT ITS MY OPION.....

if you wish for your opinion to have any meaning to the general public you may wish to check the spelling on your posts before posting, and at the same time, turn the caps off. Otherwise people will just assume you're a kid that doesn't actually have a clue about what you are talking about.