Tank of the month

How about adding a tank of the month section. Size and type of aquarium should not matter. I dont know if there are enough salt tanks out there to have one month be salt and the next fresh. I thnk it would be a good wat to see what people have out there and what equipment they run.

Brad

How about pinning a "show your tank" thread in the photography section, or some other forum? You could make a post for each tank, and people could browse the thread for ideas.

Would be good if we could moderate it somehow so that it shows the tanks only, so you don't have to scroll through 14 posts of "Wow! Nice tank!" Tanks only, no comments.

How about pinning a "show your tank" thread in the photography section, or some other forum? You could make a post for each tank, and people could browse the thread for ideas.

Would be good if we could moderate it somehow so that it shows the tanks only, so you don't have to scroll through 14 posts of "Wow! Nice tank!" Tanks only, no comments.

Well said, I think that would work.

Edited by Molino

I agree, a "Show your tank" thread would be a good idea. If people could be encouraged to post the types of fish and plants as well, this would really help others get ideas or see what works.

Instead of all the replies, members with questions can PM the author of a post if they have more specific questions. Popular questions could always be edited into the appropriate post later.

i would actually prefer fish of the month every month the mods should send someone a pm and they have to post a pic of their fave fish and that would be the fish of the month.

Problem with this is not everyone has a digital camera.

I think Tha I had sugested TOTM before and it was kicked around a bit but we do not have the volume of membership to run it every month. Although it would be fon to see other peoples tanks, it would be even better if we could go with different types of tanks each month based on landscaping participant age group etc. I love a planted aquarium, maybe someone else likes pirateships african tanks have rockpiles there are lots of different things to have for a monthly classification tank that would include everyone. We could even do fishrooms quarterly.

i would actually prefer fish of the month every month the mods should send someone a pm and they have to post a pic of their fave fish and that would be the fish of the month.

Problem with this is not everyone has a digital camera.

I think Tha I had sugested TOTM before and it was kicked around a bit but we do not have the volume of membership to run it every month. Although it would be fon to see other peoples tanks, it would be even better if we could go with different types of tanks each month based on landscaping participant age group etc. I love a planted aquarium, maybe someone else likes pirateships african tanks have rockpiles there are lots of different things to have for a monthly classification tank that would include everyone. We could even do fishrooms quarterly.

I like that idea to Nick. I would like it if there was a way to have someone else photograph your tank for you. I know that not all people would be able to have there tank featured, I would not ask some one to drive out to Wainwright or even Viking to take pictures of my tank.

If there was a tank of the month I would say that the mods have a list submitted by every one of there tanks that they would like to have as a tank of the month. The mods put the names and tanks in to a hat and draw a tank that would be the tank of the month. That way it is not based on anything just that you have a tank.

Brad

I too would prefer a pic only tank thread and a pic only fish thread. What I think could switch things up a bit might be themes. One month could be african cichlids, next month tetras, month after plecos and so forth. It's easy enough to just post ooooos and aaaaahhhhhs in the other threads. Sue

I like your idea, Sue, about having themed months; but, it might be hard to police the "Tetras only" or "Planted Tanks only" - it'd be nice, but I'd be more inclined for a free for all in 2 threads: tanks & fish.