Blue rams from ACE mini auction.

Sam Chicklets

Picked these 3 up today.

Redbluerams002.jpg

Redbluerams004.jpg

I don't know who donated them but they are really beautiful. My female HRP wanted in on the photos as well.

Redbluerams006.jpg

Yes she seems ripe but I don't have a tank setup for them yet. I had to separate them when I first got them as he was pounding on her. I really have to clean my glass more often before I shoot photos.

Edited by Sam Chicklets

I noticed that my female was the aggresor when i brought my pair home.

she was very mean.

I read also that she will hold her own during all the agression as it is usually the male doing the aggression.

ha i also read they only have between 30-50 babies.. i did a head count when i moved mine i lost count after 200.

Goodluck and hope you have babies soon.

Hope the tank they're in is a large one, since they're 3 males, and males are quite territorial. Also, they've been fed on NLS & Cyclops-eeze from the start, so I would recommend maintaining a diet of NLS to keep the colours vibrant. :)

Hope the tank they're in is a large one, since they're 3 males, and males are quite territorial. Also, they've been fed on NLS & Cyclops-eeze from the start, so I would recommend maintaining a diet of NLS to keep the colours vibrant

I take it they came from you? They are in a home made 36g tank 14.5*14.5*40

Very nice. : ) I'm looking forward to picking up a pair of these for my 55g next year.

I take it the male is the more colorful one?

I believe so, it was supposed to be 2 males and 1 female.

For now they are in a new world comunity tank. I have to get more done in my fishroom before breeding them.

Actually, the females are just as colourful as the males - possibly even more so? - but in a different way. They have bright hot-pink/fuchsia tummies, especially when they're ready to spawn, and their colouring is "spangled" about the head and shoulders.

All 3 males were kept in a standard 29 gallon tank, currently without any issues. Unfortunately I'm low on females, have quite a few males, therefore, no females were donated. Sorry 'bout that. :( Didn't realize they'd be sold as a group....

IME with Apistos, sex ratios can be skewed by temp and/or pH... just an FYI for breeding SA dwarfs.

IME with Apistos, sex ratios can be skewed by temp and/or pH... just an FYI for breeding SA dwarfs.

It is my understanding that with a lot of cichlids that temp is major factor in which sex will emerge. Like reptiles and birds cooler equals more females warmer more males.