48th Annual CAOAC Convention

Canadiancray

It look interesting some good topics. So who all is going?

Not I....I will wait until CAOAC finally decides to have a convention West of Ontario.

I agree no more western alienation.

Now with that said I think I am movine our east in the next 5 years :grr:

Brad

Not I....I will wait until CAOAC finally decides to have a convention West of Ontario.

Don't hold your breath!

Actually it has nothing to do with CAOAC themselves. I am a local rep & was there when all the details were decided this year. Every year its offered to every club in CAOAC & its upto a club to volenteer to host it. This year nobody wanted it so they had to put it on themselves.

CAOAC is actually considering making a western branch & having a CAOAC east & west. its currently being tossed around. Make sure your clubs participate & communicate their wishes to CAOAC cause I have heard numerous times that they wished a club out west would host one.

Actually at one point in time ( the mid-nineties ) CAOAC, the Ont. clubs, voted to not allow the Western clubs to host another convention again. This was after Calgary, Regina and Edmonton had successfully hosted the annual convention, and made a small profit while doing it. I went to all 3 and enjoyed the hospitality tremendously. I'll never forget the Regina auction that went from 11:00 to 19:00, despite the best efforts of Ray Lucas, Doug Brown, and myself keeping the auction going at a torrid pace. I can't remember the reason for the motion to limit convention location, but do remember the alienation felt by the Western clubs when this motion passed.

Edited by syno321

Actually at one point in time ( the mid-nineties ) CAOAC, the Ont. clubs, voted to not allow the Western clubs to host another convention again.

If this is the case they should call themselves the EAOAC. And we should have a WAOAC. But for the sake of the average hobbyist whomever made this decision should be ashamed of themselves for being so arrogant and letting things get too political.

Actually at one point in time ( the mid-nineties ) CAOAC, the Ont. clubs, voted to not allow the Western clubs to host another convention again. This was after Calgary, Regina and Edmonton had successfully hosted the annual convention, and made a small profit while doing it. I went to all 3 and enjoyed the hospitality tremendously. I'll never forget the Regina auction that went from 11:00 to 19:00, despite the best efforts of Ray Lucas, Doug Brown, and myself keeping the auction going at a torrid pace. I can't remember the reason for the motion to limit convention location, but do remember the alienation felt by the Western clubs when this motion passed.

So if that is the case. Which I highly doubt. Why would the western clubs continue to be a part of CAOAC

??? Its not like they are forced?? If any clubs out west are interested in hosting next years CAOAC let me know & I will let the CAOAC executive know. I have personally heard the executive talk about how nice it would be to have a convention out west. That is one of the reasons they are considering splitting CAOAC into two regions so both can have their own events etc.

Please if any clubs in the west have ideas, suggestions let me know or let the CAOAC executive know. Otherwise nothing ever changes. Don't forget this isn't the same CAOAC as in the 90's.

So if that is the case. Which I highly doubt. Why would the western clubs continue to be a part of CAOAC

??? Its not like they are forced?? If any clubs out west are interested in hosting next years CAOAC let me know & I will let the CAOAC executive know. I have personally heard the executive talk about how nice it would be to have a convention out west. That is one of the reasons they are considering splitting CAOAC into two regions so both can have their own events etc.

Please if any clubs in the west have ideas, suggestions let me know or let the CAOAC executive know. Otherwise nothing ever changes. Don't forget this isn't the same CAOAC as in the 90's.

Doubt all you want, it's true, we lived it. As to why the western clubs are still members, do yourealize that it is very risky to operate a club without insurance? Need more be said?

I am Terry Little and currently hold the position of CAOAC Open Show Committee Chair and the 48th CAOAC Convention Show Chair. I'm sure that in past years there may have been some talk about the holding of CAOAC Conventions outside Ontario but we have had discussions during the past months with the Executive and with input from Ken Ealey.

We have been unable to find any motion that might have changed the policy of this topic and the total Executive have no recollection of this discussion.

CAOAC would be very happy to have a Convention in the west at some time and there was a comment from Edmonton that there was not enough time for this year but I got the impression there may be some future consideration and if some group wanted to come to the Convention 2007 in London Ontario and bid on hosting the 2008 Convention out west we would be pleased to entertain that bid.

On a personal note I attended the last Conventions held in Edmonton and Regina. I was not able to attend the one in Calgary. The two I did attend were in my opinion among the best in the 47 year history of CAOAC.

COME AND JOIN US IN LONDON AND LET US FORGET ALL THE THINGS THAT PULL US APART AND TRY TO FIND SOME THINGS THAT WILL HELP TO PULL US TOGETHER.

ALL THE BEST

Terry Little

Brantford, Ontario

519-752-8642

tlittle28@rogers.com

Edited by fishyguy9616