Update on my octopus

rudy

Although still no more pics due to shear laziness, I though I would pass along how "otto" is doing.

I just got back from a one week trip to hawaii and he survived the trip. I left cold water mussels in there to snack on and some Chromis (in which he dipped into a bit too).

He is highly aggressive for food and a lot of times when I am trying to tease him a bit with the coathanger by hanging it outside his each he outsmarts me (not hard I know).

He is very active in the morning and in the evening. Daytime you can usually see him, he just sits and waits.

Only issue I am having is I went from a normal strip light to a HO hagen t5 in an attempt to put some corals in. Not only does he feel it is amuzing to stick corals anywhere he feels like it, but he also seems to have a bit of difficulutyt with the light. I have been away most of the time he had it but days I have been back he is not as active. I will try it for a bit and see what happens.

His favorite past times? Picking up decorative marbles and carrying them around and sticking bioballs onto a fake plant I have in there. (he links them together)

He has grow at least double since when I got him to give you an idea of the size. Hi legs must be 8-10 inches long now.

Crappy example just uploaded. Octo was in the rocks up at his cave....I thought he would come out of his hole, but he just stuck his arms under it. It is difficult to keep track of where he is when I am videoing. I will get a better one when Chris comes over :cry:

Check out the sound when he takes the smelt though. Sounds like a bullwhip!

http://www.youtube.com/my_videos

Edited by rudy

• 1 month later...

I thought I would update on how Otto is doing. I just got back from Florida and he was out and about still kicking and still thriving. He seems no sign of slowing down. The tank looked a bit like a mussel graveyard as I threw in 7 for him while I was away (live). All torn apart. He must have gotten bored though as the Spiny urchin has lego and bioballs stuck to him.

I wonder how long i will get to have this guy? It has been 5 or so months