Nasty water

Oxquo

I guess someone should post here. I have this weird bloom happening in some tanks. In the spring and fall I use double dechlorinator to help kill the extra chemicals, for anyones interest you can check how much nastier at http://www.epcor.ca/pages/water/waterquali...ly/wqdaily.html

As you can see our wateris loaded with great stuff. Weird thing is that I know several people with the same problem. The cloudiness only haunts certain tanks not all, 1 is an african tank hard alkaline and 2 are soft and acidic tanks. The soft tanks are 50% tap and 50% RO and the african tank is 100% tap. These three are the only ones affected out of 24 tanks, I have even changed water from another tank into these tanks with no results. Any answers? The tank water all comes from the tap via the same Python water changer, only difference is that my soft tanks come through the water softener and the hard tanks don't. Anyone else having this mess? In one of the tanks are mixed africans, they seem fine, another holds rinolocaria and C.Sterbai juvies, all good and the last tank has my beloved Gymnogeophagus Rhabdotus which are guarding a clutch of eggs, they all seem fine although the fishes colors would come out nicer in clearer water. I have switched filters from clear tanks and no change.

I am using Prime, the strangeness is that it seems to be only on our south side of the city and not all the tanks. I use Aquaclears on two of the tanks and a powerhead filter combo on another. My tanks filter 10X per hour minimum.

Could be, maybe it has something to do with all those UFO sightings, hope they don't steal my good fish. Cichlids in space, the new sitcom for true fish geeks hmmm maybe something to it. I thought I noticed crop circles in my hornwort....

My 90 is cloudy too.....filter media always seems to smell like static....if you know or think you know what static smells like...the fish seem fine though, just kind of pisses me off because I only have 4 display tanks and this is one of them in the main room.....don't know what to do. Actually, this is also my longest running tank. :huh:

• 4 weeks later...

Actually I skipped on the water changes and it finally cleared up. The cause may have still been bacteria but it is gone now. As the cloudiness disappeared though it left a mass of brown slime algae. I guess one should be just happy to be able to see algae rather than nothing at all.