New 65 gallon

dobby968

Hi all i would like to ask someone anyone for advice! lol i had a 30 gallon tank and decided to up grade to a 65 gallon! :D A nice guy from Big Als helped me along in this procees and everything went well my fish all seem to be doing well this was 2 weeks ago! my tank has 2 blushing blue angels(they lay eggs regularly i have yet to get them to hatch!) 3 zebra danios 1momma platty and like 6 babys)1 pleco....what other fish should i add to this tank? these are all my original fish from my first tank and i would like to see something new in there !Is this a good idea to add more fish or should i waite? i would love to get more angels but i dont think the 2 i have now would really apreciate that! what othe cool fish could i get? i'm still kinda New to this hobby so any advice would be great!! ty

If the tank is just 2 weeks old, and the filter etc. is new, you should probably wait a little bit.

That being said, I agree w. Jonah - corys or loaches would be great. Maybe a school of hatchets, a pair of rams/apistos.... tetras.... there are many options. :)

If the tank is just 2 weeks old, and the filter etc. is new, you should probably wait a little bit.

That being said, I agree w. Jonah - corys or loaches would be great. Maybe a school of hatchets, a pair of rams/apistos.... tetras.... there are many options. :)

i took the old filter off my tank and am letting it run with my new one does this make ant diffrents....and i agree with you both i really like those clown loches

If you have the old filter going, you could probably add more fish with little/no difficulty - just add a few at a time.

:D ya I think I might go to Big Als tonight and pick up a couple of clown loches tonight and see what kind of cool fish they have in stock! also since my last post i noticed my angels are cleaning off my heater ????? i sure hope they dont decide thats the place to lay there eggs :eh:

:thumbs: ok so I went to Big Als and they had only really big clown loches so i didnt get one But.....I did end up bringing home 4 tiger barbs and 1 rainbow shark........My angels are not impressed with all the action right now :shock: i hope they get over it soon

You should should be worried about the angels, the tiger barbs could cause fungal diseases by nipping the fins.

:mad: so why wouldent that guy at Big Als tell me that???? i told him what i had in my tank and he said the tiger barbs would be fine!!! This is why i joined this fourm i'm still kinda new at this hobby I"m so pisssed off it seems you cant get any good advice from Some of the people that work at thoses places..........I really hope nothing bad happensGRRRRRRRRRRR.......I should phone the manager... :grr:

I think I saw Clown loaches at Nature's Corner - one of the best LFS in Edmonton, IMO. You'll always get great service there.