Hello All

Music_

Greetings from Regina.

I would consider myself an intermediate hobbyist, have had aquariums around me for as long as I can remember. Just bought my own place a couple years ago and decided it was time to get a little more serious with the hobby. I currently have a couple breeding groups of convicts on the go (my brothers Oscar enjoys the fry I can't get rid of) and I am attempting to breed Clown Pleco's at the moment (these fry will not be going to the Oscar), it is my understanding that they are a little more difficult to breed…

I would someday like to get my hands on the famous L046 Zebra Pleco and attempt to breed those as well.

Anyway, just thought I’d say hi, I am in Alberta prolly only a few times each year but hopefully will enjoy the help that other members can provide…

Cheers!

Yup that's a clown...

Well as I am fairly new to the world of plecos I can't say with certainty what you can or cannot mix them with, however, they do make a nice addition to most communty tanks (tetras/livebearers). They are a wood eater mainly and will not do much to clean up any algae. I have mine in a planted tank and they don't even touch the plants at all! (although they love lettuce and zuccini... I wonder why they are so picky...). Anyway they only get to be about 4" long at best (from what I've researched). I purchased mine from a pet store that had them in with commons (roughly the same size), but there was also no wood for them so I picked them out right away.

They are territorial against their own species and am not sure how they will react to other plecos. A good place to ask would be: www.plecofanatcs.com

:welcome: Welcome to the forum, and feel free to join in on anything you find interesting.