Acei fry

Leon71

I have two batches of Acei fry right now. There is only ten days difference in when they were released. My question is can I put them together? Their general size is close, but I don't want anything to happen. I have read that it is not a good idea to mix fry, but I assume that is when there is a large difference in age and more importantly size. Thanks, Leon

Larger ones may pick off the smallest ones (which is better than a whole larger batch eating an entire smaller batch).

Depends on the tank too...I stock tanks with different sized fry heavily with rock and cover. Gives them time to grow before being eaten. :)

i have two different batches of hrp babies that are a month old. They are about the half the size of the biggest ones.

they all share a home in the 80g now. i have never seen no aggression

only when one dies of natural causes, you will catch them eating him.

they tank only has gravel, a small fake plant and some sort of weird decoration thing.

Edited by Shayesmommy

I've also thrown different sized/aged/species of fry together (including Acei fry), in barebottom tanks, with absolutely no issues. The closer in age or size though, the better.

Edited by k9outfit