A Tip Form A Newbie

dirtydog

I plug my equipment into the power bar in alpabetacal order eg, 1st Air Pump, 2nd Heater, 3rd Lights, ect. this way when I need to unplug something I know exactly which plug to pull out no more guessing or pulling all of them to figure out which is the heater or whatever it is I'm trying to do.

You could put them in any order you like or, you could also label your cords what ever works for you.

Dean

Edited by dirtydog

I unplug my air pump, plug it back in, curse a little, then unplug the light, curse some more, try to figure out why the plug isn't going back in easily, finally get it on again, unplug the fluval, take it out, forget which one was the air pump and unplug it AGAIN... well you get the point, right down to plugging in the filter before the water's filed back up when what I really wanted was the light. LOL

I like the ideas posted here. I'll try to get organized enough to get one of them going. For now, the alphabetical idea sounds perfect. :)

HAHAHAHAH YES!!! In fact last night I felt a rather interesting "BZZZZZ" on my fingers while messing around with cords... I kind of thought it was a good warning :P Might have had something to do with the plant bag that leaked all over the floor right down where my heater plug end was hanging... is there something about water and electricity not mixing well? I mean... if my filter is submersible, why not my power bar?!?!? -roll-

Seriously, though... do NOT try this at home!!! -05-

I had a jolly good time with my powerbar. I accidentally knocked my Sea Monkeys over onto the power bar.

I was trying to figure out which one was the filter while it shocked me and smoke was coming out of the power bar.

BTW, frying Sea Monkeys smell really bad.

BTW, frying Sea Monkeys smell really bad.

I SOOOOO shouldn't be laughing at this, but the visual is great! I'm just glad it was only sea monkeys and not you that was frying!