A few more random pics

African_Fever

F1 Aulonocara stuartgranti 'ngara flametail' - this fish is the dominant male from the last group of fry I kept from my WC group, so anyone who bought F1's from me in the past, I hope yours are looking as great as this guy!

post-45-1174537276_thumb.jpgpost-45-1174537341_thumb.jpg

My WC Altolamprologous calvus 'black' that I got from Gold's quite a while ago. He's got to be a solid 6" and thicker than I would've ever thought they'd get. I have two smaller (maybe 3") females with him as well, but due to 14 S. petricola in the tank I don't ever expect to see any eggs.

post-45-1174537287_thumb.jpg

One of my F1 Cyprichromis 'jumbo tricolor' females carrying (currently have 3 right now along with one Paracyp)

post-45-1174537296_thumb.jpg

F1 Callochromis pleurospilus. These fish are truly stunners, and this picture in no way comes close to showing his true colours. Truly a rainbow of colours on this little fish (under 3")

post-45-1174537303_thumb.jpg

A couple more pics of the Rhamphochromis macrophthalamus. Hopefully I'll have luck with them spawning too like Marcus did.

post-45-1174537357_thumb.jpgpost-45-1174537366_thumb.jpg

And my newest additions. I thought there was something up with some of the carrying Ps. saulosi, and sure enough, Syno multis! Found one big sucker (must be close to 1 cm) and a few cichlid fry (little more than eggs with barely a head/tail) in one female, and and then 6 cats and no cichlids in another. If only my P. nyereri male hadn't decided that he needed to 'try' eating a 2" Oto. lithobates and choking to death in the process, they'd still be breeding like rabbits and hopefully the cats would be getting in their as well (but I've got some other males growing out that are close to breeding size, so no worries!).

post-45-1174537375_thumb.jpg

The Rhampho's look nasty, but are big sissies right now. They fish they're with they could probably tear apart with ease, some almost small enough to swallow whole, but they don't touch any of them. Rather peaceful right now, and much more skittish than I would've thought (especially the big males). Best part is they love NLS pellets, which I'm thinking right now is part of the reason they're so peaceful.

Darcy - I'm pretty excited about it, quite the surprise to open up the saulosi's mouth and find a big fat catfish! Mark (fishboy) gave me a pair that had bred for him before, so I'm hoping that they helped jump-start the ones I got from you and I'll soon have some good numbers of fry!

Very majestic looking Calvus.

Love that calvus.

The male flametail you sold me last year is as nice or even nicer than the one you have a picture of there.

Do you keep the peacock with your calvus?

I keep mine with 4 calvus and a pair of julies. Some day when I can take some nice

pictures, I'll have to figure out how to post them.