Updates on fish room

Sam Chicklets

Pardon the mess as things are still in progress, but I have changed a few things and added some more tanks.

So here we go.

The big rack bottom shelf five twenty gallon tanks.

updatedfr001.jpg

The big rack middle shelf five twenty gallon tanks.

updatedfr002.jpg

The big rack top shelf two fifteen gallon one five gallon and one ten gallon tank.

updatedfr003.jpg

Two fifty gallon tank rack.

updatedfr004.jpg

Small rack middle shelf two twenty five gallon tanks.

updatedfr006.jpg

Small rack bottom shelf two thirty seven gallon tanks.

updatedfr008.jpg

I still have a few tanks to add yet. My air is pumped by a Highblow Hp 40 air pump. Room temperature stays around seventy six degrees. Hope you enjoy.

Wow I have a hard time keeping the cords and lines all together and organized with my two tanks in my room, that would be a disaster with me LOL. Are the tanks seperately filtered or do you have something else going on there? I noticed a couple of tanks with HOB filters and canister filters, just not sure about some of the others, or havn't you gotten there yet? lol Looking awesome none the less.

Ryan

Most of the tanks have sponge filters running them, the power filters are either running tanks with a larger load or are running in conjunction with a sponge to bump to the next tank that I fill to cycle it. I prefer the separate filteration, and always have. there are 2 reasons for this, the first is if you have a fish get sick, the illness stays in that tank only. This is extremely important when you have a lot of breeding fish with fry or eggs. It is also a lot cheaper to lower the water in one tank and medicate the one tank rather than over 400 gallons of water. The second reason for using separate filteration is if any one tank decides to leak it is easy to remove and repair without shutting down an entire system. Or worse yet a leaky tank draining an entire system.

Hi, I was wondering what the humidity is like in there? Are you doing anything to compensate for that?

A friend of mine is giving me a dehumidifier.

Wow Nick! That's one monster room there, I'm happy to see it's all working out fine with no huge problems. You should get at least one SW tank in there ;)

Thanx Taylor. I have given s/w some thought but it'll have to be sometime in the future. Right now I'm happy with all my breeders and still have a bit more work in the fish room to keep me busy.

wow nick, lots of tanks.

what kind of sand/gravel do you have in the bottom of the--Two fifty gallon tank rack.???

The lower tank has I think 4mm gravel in it. The upper tankl is still empty as I have some work to do on it yet. Well actually it has a bunch of bioballs in it LOL.