22" T5 fixtures

Cichlid88

I visited Princess Auto yesterday and found a whole bunch of 22" T5 light fixtures with bulbs, they are linkable and the bulbs are likely not in the spectrum we use but the price was nice $11.99 per fixture which comes with a bulb cover and linking cord. The bulbs could be replaced quickly and a DYI reflector could be made up easily.

Just thought I would let you all know.

I think the name is profile and they are located in the surplus area. They also had a small selection of 11" ones too.

Cheers :beer:

There's a little garden store on 81 ave just W of 100st that carries T5 lighting in Edmonton

Is it cheaper then the LFS Jason.... The bulbs are very expensive at the LFS shops...around 30 bucks a bulb if I remember right... I have a 30" coral life that I bought at BA on sale about 6 months ago that cost me around 100bucks. 65Watts 6700K...

Guess what I am saying is a twenty inch fixture for twenty bucks and a couple of bulbs at 30 bucks each and you have spent 80 dollars... Think I will just shell out 100 bucks and get the proper fixture with the proper balast and bulbs...

Is there a better way!

Leon baught some of the lights, there. I haven't. But, I do recall thinking they were a great deal, and that when I move over to T5, that' where I'm getting my lighting.

It is a "Hydro" store. And the 36" retrofit T5 kit was $40.00 each. This included a 6700K or 4500K bulb, can't remember which. And they are 39W, T5HO. I should have the canopy finished by the end of the weekend, with a projected setup date, of the 150gal, of Easter Sunday. I'll get you some pics when its up and running for comparison.

It is a "Hydro" store. And the 36" retrofit T5 kit was $40.00 each. This included a 6700K or 4500K bulb, can't remember which. And they are 39W, T5HO. I should have the canopy finished by the end of the weekend, with a projected setup date, of the 150gal, of Easter Sunday. I'll get you some pics when its up and running for comparison.

Would these work good for a 150 planted tank? It is 29" deep and 72" long.

Brad

29" deep is pretty deep. Even if you have a 4-6" gravel bed. T5s would work fine for most plants, but you may get little or leggy growth out of carpet plants like Glosso, or pygmy sword. If you want the best penetration for a deep tank, MH is the way to go.

Brad

29" deep is pretty deep. Even if you have a 4-6" gravel bed. T5s would work fine for most plants, but you may get little or leggy growth out of carpet plants like Glosso, or pygmy sword. If you want the best penetration for a deep tank, MH is the way to go.

Brad

Thanks Jason,

I will look in to getting MH later on I am using CF curly-q lighs right now.