Now I've seen it all......

That is really odd, where do people come up with this stuff.

Those poor fish having to live in that cruddy water and eat the deep fryer crumbs(hows that for fish nutrition RD).

The cool thing was the oil and how it doens't react with the water. I still dont' get how the fishtank water doesn't heat up and kill the fish if the oil is 160*celcius.

Weird

Those poor fish having to live in that cruddy water and eat the deep fryer crumbs(hows that for fish nutrition RD).

Certainly far from an ideal life...I would have to hate a fish pretty seriously to force it to live that way.

I still dont' get how the fishtank water doesn't heat up and kill the fish if the oil is 160*celcius.

Weird

Thermal dynamics...heat rises.

That's just nasty. Too bad they aren't being charged with animal abuse.

Ok, once and for all, about the japanese translations. I’m Japanese, and obviously also fluent in english. I grew up speaking both languages and have worked as a interpreter/translator. Seanacey’s comments about the dialogue are correct.

1.There is absolutely no mention in the dialogue of a new synthetic oil. According to the dialogue, the water not boiling is due to the structure of the device.

2. According to the dialogue, the water drops below the level of the oil before it gets a chance to heat up and explode.

3. The ice demonstrates that there’s less splash when frying stuff coming from the freezer that maybe hasn’t thawed completely.

4. The fish are for demonstration purposes only.

Read comments above by KO-g.

The video is about a safer deep fryer. Not about an aquarium under the deep fryer.

Sean is shaking his head at you and ranting loudly!

Because heat doesn't just rise, but transfers through conduction as well? :>

See comments by steppyred

Michael, this is a great clip. I don’t run a restaurant but I want one!

I was fascinated so took a bit of a look into the machine - it turns out that the lower half of the oil is cooled separately by a cooling pipe so that the water doesn’t boil!

Sean is shaking his head at you and ranting loudly!

Because heat doesn't just rise, but transfers through conduction as well? :>

It does, but in a case like this, it should be minimal....of course, now that I think about it, without surface contact with air, the water should, over a time, get fairly warm...and oxygen-poor....I am beginning to wonder just how possible that tank is, actually.