Aul . eureka

20070403_0123_1.jpg

red-hooked silver dollar

20070403_0105_1.jpg

Protomelas spilonatus (insignis)

20070403_0091_1.jpg

Labidochromis caeruleus

20070403_0090_1.jpg

Beautiful pics of gorgeous fish. I esp. like that first one. I wish I could take pics like that, I get a lot of streaks as they wont sit still and I don't know all the camera functions. Keep those pics coming. Sue

mmmm Polystigma :drool:

Very nice fish

I agree, it's a nice fish and that's an awesome photo of one. The tapajos are on my "I want list". I also have to agree with Sue, my fish photos suck ... much respect for all those (like yourself) who can get this type of quality. Maybe I should retire the ol'Instamatic and get myself one them thar new digital machines.

Cheers

I got the tapajos at Petland in Red Deer. I asked Mark to bring them in for me and he delivered. They are painfully slow growers but the end result will be worth the time. Polystigma is not overly agressive in my tank but he's in with a lot of other bigger predators. There are also some weaker fish in the tank though and nobody picks on them. The nasty guys kind of battle for supremacy amongst themselves while the smaller / weaker fish have their own little battles. They are in a230 gal tank with lots of water movement and filtration. Try this link to see tank:

http://www.cichlid-forum.com/tanks/

You have to go to Malawi Haps and click on RDFISHGUY

Edited by RDFISHGUY