Filter Configuration

Doc_Polit

Here's the scoop.......I have a 90 gallon African tank and I have to decide how to configure my filtration.

I have the following filters to choose from:

Eheim 2217 canister

Eheim 2215 canister

Aquaclear 110 HOB (x2)

Which filters would you use and how would you set them up if it was your tank?

I would do the 2 AC I'm getting old and lazy and canisters are too much to clean now that I'm slowly changing to AC I don't see any downfall to them well 1 little noisy when the water gets low. I have not noticed a difference in quality and much more easier to clean :thumbs:

I run an ac 300 and an ac 500 on my 75g tank doing alternate cleanings and I never have problems with spikes or cloudiness.

I have a 90 gallon with two AC500s (110). It works very well. Prior to that I had an AC 500 and an Eheim 2217 canisiter, that worked every bit as well, the only reason for the change was that I needed the Eheim elsewhere.

I'd use one AC and 2217. I love the canister/AC combo myself and use them in almost my tanks. I don't clean the canisters often, maybe once a year or when flow rate really decreases. I use just sponges in my AC's and find that at times I'm squeezing them out every other week with water changes.

I'd use one AC and 2217. I love the canister/AC combo myself and use them in almost my tanks. I don't clean the canisters often, maybe once a year or when flow rate really decreases. I use just sponges in my AC's and find that at times I'm squeezing them out every other week with water changes.

x2