Going to be a new Pappa

whiterose

Well it looks like I'm going to have some fry coming in about the next 3 weeks or so. I have an Electric Blue who's holding and a Eureka Red Peacock that appears to be holding. I have a question. Both females are in my community African tank, can I leave the fry in the tank with the rest of the community or should I put them into a different tanks? I've heard a few different views on this and would like some feedback. Any of the other fry I've had I've always moved, I was under the impression that the other tank mates would eat them.

~~~~Ray~~~~

If you're sure that they didn't hybridize, then you can try to save them. If you're not sure if the fry will be hybrids, then you may want to just let the females spit in the community tank.

We got the male and female electric blues from Aquarium Enthusiasts, and the male seemed to be the only one interested in the female. The Eureka Red peacocks we just picked up and the female was holding when I brought her home. So I'm pretty sure they are not hybridized. I'm setting up a 20 gal fry tank as we speak, I didn't think the fry would do well if left in the community tank.