new stand

dunl

Very nice! The overall look of it is actually very eye pleasing. How much did you spend on this? I think I spent like 12.00 on mine because I had all the wood in the shed lol.

By the way, I really like your solution to the weight on the screws, very smart idea I'm sure that will work awesome.

I don't know. $40, maybe so far?

And $20 on beer. -roll- Things weren't getting wobbly towards the end of the case, err I mean the project were they?

And $20 on beer. -roll- Things weren't getting wobbly towards the end of the case, err I mean the project were they?

Hell no....figured I could have done another half a stand if I hadn't run out of beer. :lol:

Well, just finished getting sweet _ _ _ _ all done on my stand and tanks tonight.

Moved something in the fish room, and found water seeping from under the baseboard near the sump, which runs up the inside corner basement wall of the fishroom and pumps outside.

Tried to cut the drywall....except that it turned to mush instead. Uh-oh.

Ended up pushing my hand through the wall, to find it leaking inside everywhere from the sump. So much for work on the tanks and stand...ended up cutting out a wall, pulling and tossing wet insulation and drywall, moving things around here and there.....crappage. :tongue:

And tomorrow night I'm laying tile with my father-in-law.....guess the stand pics with the tanks on it will wait a bit. :(

Sorry to hear about your leak Darcy, at least it's not winter and everything frozen.

Sorry to hear about your leak Darcy, at least it's not winter and everything frozen.

And a good excuse to gut, insulate, and lay greenboard. :smokey:

That leak sucks, a similar thing happened to a guy out in provost here, but it was with his bathroom, he pulled apart the walls, found that nothing was sealed properly and everything was out of proportion, so he was trying to get the contactors to come back and do it properly which of course failed. But he was recomended to send an email to that holmes on homes guy who was touring cross Canada at the time, they emailed him back and said he was within the top 12 in Canada that could receive help from the holmes guy. True story lol.

• 3 weeks later...

Thats the same way I built the stand for my 230 and it held without exception....I just see one thing with your design IMHO that bothers me a bit, and thats the OSB you used on the top....OSB is not the best to use when their is water involved because when it gets wet it will swell and could possible creat unneeded pressure points to your tank...

Also sorry about the leak man, I hate it when that happens.....what part of the sump is leaking???, the last time I had a leak/flood was because the top on my calcium reactor blew pumping water everywere!!

Edited by Kuch

The leak was my dog pulling the hose apart outside the house, and it separating inside the wall.

As for the OSB, there's styro on the top of the stand. If you have a leak, all bets are usually off, regardless of the type of stand you're using. ;)

The leak was my dog pulling the hose apart outside the house, and it separating inside the wall.

Gotta love those pups