hi there

MeioFormiga

:welcome: Welcome to AA

Relatively new to AB, gathering everything to set up a new tank, someone from PlantedTank sent me in this direction, and I'm excited about this forum!

Welcome to AA and Alberta! What are the particulars on your setup? Is this your first?

Phil

From the sunny Okanagan in BC originally. Came here for work. Not new to aquaria, just couldn't bring everything here. My finned friends are cramped in a 10 gallon right now with 10-15 pounds of bog wood, and some small leaved mystery stem plant floating on the top. A whisper hob, and a tiny powerhead. 1 ugly unknown Apistos (he was the ugliest thinnest looking one at the store), 7-9 danios (seems to be a different amount every time I count), 1 last surviving ghost shrimp (it was the largest - i suspect heimlich the ram ate the rest), 1 malaysian wood shrimp (I dig the mood change colours!), and 1 perpetually pregnant guppie that brotherinlaw gave to me. They moved from a heavily planted 20 tall that I was told to leave behind, although I'm allowed to look for a larger tank now that we're here. I'm looking for a 4 foot tank to start a new planted tank. 45+ gallons, preferably 60-90. My fluval 104, coralife twin 2' t5 fixture, glass top made it here - but thinking I'm going to sell them on forum here to help fund new tank. Took one sponge and some ceramic bio media out of the fluval for the hob - which seems to be working quite effectively. A whitish cloudy bloom started in the tank within 8 hours, was scary looking within 12 hours and gone within 24. Maybe someone here can give me a definitive answer on this one: Chlorine or chloramines in the water here in Calgary?

hmm, I think that was a lot all at once - I'll leave my questions for the forum. Thanks for the greetings everyone - I wasn't expecting any answer in this post.

No chloramines... not yet at least.

When you get a chance, go into your profile and update your location, otherwise every time you ask a question, someone will ask where you are (apparently there's quite a few enthusiasts *north* of Calgary! Who knew? :lol: )

I moved here from the east coast 6 years ago, and sold quite a bit of what I had as well... you'll slowly build it up again. You may even end up with more than you started with... :hey: