electric blue ID

ABwildrose

I was wondering if someone could tell me what kind of "electric blue" I have here. I am terrible at figuring these things out. I got these at the CAS auction. They are approx 1.5 inches I would guess (without the tail). When I first got them they had definite spots on their sides with a largish one right at the base of the tail. These spots seem to be almost gone on some of them and much less definite on the others. A couple have a very faint yellow color appearing on the edge of the top fin. The second pic is really bad, but I was trying to show that color on the fin.

post-6-1104448287

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Here's a pic of some females ........

http://www.malawicichlidhomepage.com/panis...is_azureus2.htm

The thing that's throwing me off is the lack of spots at that size? I was under the impression that young juvies (at the size of yours) would all still be showing the spots for some time yet.

Edited by RD.

I have just been looking at them closer. They all used to to have spots like the ones in the pic. My guess is that is what they are because they used to look just like that. My smallest fish still has fairly dark spots (3 of them like in the pic). The 2 largest have faint spots and the 2 mid size ones almost have no spots. The other one I can't get a good look at. They may be bigger than I said becaue I can't judge size well, maybe they are larger than I think. As I am looking closely, they look like they have very fat tummys (except the runt), too fat I think.

Thanks for your help RD, I was getting very confused trying to figure this out myself.

NO mine don't have spots on them. But I know that if they where the Azereuz they'd still have two dark black spots those spots don't go away they only fade if the male is in full color. AND azereuz don't have slim bodys like these juvs do. Azereuz nose is short not elongated and there mouths are (lips) are smaller. E. Blues have large mouths lol. Here are some pics of the C. Azereuz below

I agree with Jenn, those Scianochromis Fryieri. And they will cross breed with Aulonocara's!!!!!!!!!!

mine have NEVER crossed bred with aul. sp. I have keep them together for years and the male e. blue has no interest in the peacocks nor do they the peacocks have intrest in the e. blues. never heard of those to sp. cross breeding there from two totally different familys. One is a peacock and the other is a hap family

Jenn

Edited by Jennifer9821

I've owned a fryeri x aulonacara cross before....it will happen because the fryeri male is more agressive and will mate with the peacock's females, but not allow the male peacock near the fryeri females.