Big Predators

CORVETTE

Ok i'm really tired of the Monster fish keepers web site. I 'm tired of people not helping other people in stead they just yell at them about the size of there tanks and what they shouldn't be doing. ( i love taking advice from a ten year old with two guppies from southern California). I keep Arrowanas, Datnoids, Stingrays,big cats, Frontosa's, Flower horns, Pacu's, and if the get to big for my tank i'll sell or give them to someone because i'm a responsable fish keeper!!!! or really try to be? Nothing i have is full grown or even close yet i have a 200 gallon, a 90 gallon, 2 55 gallons, and a 2 ten gallons for feeders. I also really like helping others with problems, if i can. I've bread some discus, about 20 different peacocks, and about 30 other species so if i could be of any help justy ask :smokey:

Nothing BIG yet!

I did say Yet

And yeah thats why I haven't been there in a while. They seem to crap on everyone who isn't them

But if you want to show tham up own a couple of Channa, those american boys arn't allowed to have them their mommy says

Edited by FishBrain

:lol: Nice way of putting it Fishbrain!

I was once a member of MFK, but, since I had no "Monsters" and was a newb at fishkeepng as a whole, I was the one being "Crapped on" :grr: That's ok, this site and others like it are most helpful. I only put up with the boobs on MFK for about a week.

Happy to see others that feel the same way about that website,

Taylor

I have a 32 inch Snakehead you can have if you want to really cheese them off......make sure you tell them it's just your little one...lol

Not sure my tanks big enough for that and he would probably eat everything i have but wow cool fish. I looked at the picture it very impressive. I could use a picture i'll put it with a picture of my Green Arowana and let them all drool.

Now i don't want to sound like i have a problem with everyone on that web site, but i did have a little chat about a few things with one of the Moderator's and another fish keeper, siding with the other fish keeper. When i went back on the next day just to find out he (the moderator) had erased everything i had said because he didn't agree with it and i had a warning. Mean while the guy i was backing up had sent me a message thanking him for defending his feelings and he couldn't believe what i had said was removed for no ethical reason.

Not to ruffle anyones feathers here, but is it really 'ethical' to get a fish that you know will outgrow tanks, with the intentions of 'giving it away' when it gets too large for your tanks? Kind of passes the buck on the 'responsible fishkeeper', doesn't it? If you're going to get a larger tank that the fish can live in for life, great, and I honestly wish that were everyone's intention when they get the 'tankbusters'.

The LFS in the Hat here just got yet another shark for their 700 gallon salt tank; they now have a grey reef to go along with their black tip. Both will probably outgrow the tank in 2-3 years (I'm thinking much less, the bt's nose already looks really bad from swimming circles and bumping everywhere), and the owner has the same 'I'll just sell to them to a zoo or someone else who can handle them' attitude.

I totally disagree with this thread. If you can't keep it, or if you don't have experience with it don't buy it.

I think that maybe he should get a chance to clarify. It looks like he meant to say that he disagrees with buying things that will get too big for the tanks that he has, but it came out @$$ backwards. .

As far as not having experience with it, we know that you are any experienced fish keeper Tim but everyone has a first time.

Regarding the people on MFK - there are some nice pictures there, but I have to agree that there is very little valuable information because there is so much flaming (IMHO).

Please clarify your first post Corvette.

Kevin

I totally disagree with this thread. If you can't keep it, or if you don't have experience with it don't buy it.

I think that maybe he should get a chance to clarify. It looks like he meant to say that he disagrees with buying things that will get too big for the tanks that he has, but it came out @$$ backwards. .

As far as not having experience with it, we know that you are any experienced fish keeper Tim but everyone has a first time.

Regarding the people on MFK - there are some nice pictures there, but I have to agree that there is very little valuable information because there is so much flaming (IMHO).

Please clarify your first post Corvette.

Kevin

I am not reading it that way Kevin so perhaps you are correct. Sorry if I came off the wrong way. I am by no means a responsible fish keeper, having said that I would not want to push any of my bad habits on anyone else. :)

As far as the experience part, I will clarify. I meant if you have kept the fish before and you know there is no way it needs a tank as large as reccomended then that is what I would call experience. If you have no idea and are just hoping it does not get as large as they say on the internet than don't.

As far as MFK, I think there are many knowledgable people on that board, there are also a bunch of clowns as well. It comes with the internet I think!

Just to clear things up i do not agree with buying fish with the idea of giving them away... My point was people should listen to others and hear what they have to say before getting jumped on like they do on other sites. I would never intentionally buy a fish with the intention of getting rid of it. I just get tired of post that go like this...

1.hello i have some questions about a silver arrowana.

2.what size is your tank!

1.well its a 90 gallon.

2.you should just kill that fish now instead of letting it suffer for the rest of its life, what were you thinking WTF?

Now does that really help anyone at all including the fish?

i'm not condoning a guy with a 90gallon should by an arowana but maybe we could explain to him what he will be needing to do in the near future like purcase a 280 gallon or tell his mom no one in the family can have a bath ever again.

I hope this clears things up for everyone. Oh and i am human and have made mistakes in my life, i have sold a fish that got bigger than i thought it would ...sorry oh and that little montoge of a post is an actual post on a different site.

Edited by CORVETTE

Rudy if you don't have experience with it and you don't buy it how do you get experience with it ? Easy to miss read stuff eh!

i did understand what you ment. Sorry for any miss understanding.

I've bread some discus, about 20 different peacocks, and about 30 other species so if i could be of any help justy ask :smokey:

So after you have breaded your discus, do you fry them up in some butter like schnitzel?

Just having some fun at your expense. I am glad that we got the post straightened out. Welcome to the board.

Kevin

I only ever read the ray forum on MFK, but I think there are some knowledgeable people there. Lol there's some silly drama there too but oh well.

Anyways what kind of rays do you keep?

I currently have 3 motoro's . male 14" and female 14" and another female 8" I'm hoping they will breed.