New Life Spectrum Food

RD.

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

That company may find themselves getting into some doo-doo if they don't clean that web site up.

Pablo told me himself that he has no idea who those people are, and that they do not carry his food, nor do they have distributor rights for his food.

Hello RD

Just so were are real clear here, what I offered in my post, was a suggestion of a possible supplier for this brand of food. I had recently made an order from Kensfish, at which time I had requested another of Ken's food products as part of my order. But Ken advised me he was dropping one of his currant lines of food in favour of the New Life Spectrum Line.

At no time did I suggest KensFish was a Canadian Distributer of this product. Only that he would soon have it availible as mentioned on his web page. For the record I have made a number of orders from this company, and even with exchange and shipping I have found it to be a very cost effective, and very reliable company to deal with.

Competition Bites Eh!!

Tang :rolleyes:

Uh, yeah, my response was to Shannon. :)

Pablo just happened to mention that company when he called last week.

I told him I had no idea who they were, but that I had seen them mentioning his company and referring to themselves as the official "Canadian Distributor".

They must have just dreamed it? :lol:

Edited by RD.

Val - if you go to Ken's site, and click through as though you were placing an order, you will get a total 'before' you have to pay, so you'll know the exact fee in advance.

Here's what I get on a single 300 gr container of NLS Cichlid Formula.

Order Subtotal: $11.53 S

Shipping: $13.25

US Postal Service International Parcel Post (Air mail) [CA T4N0S5] Shipping: $13.25

Grand Total: $24.78

The problem is this ......... just like petsolutions, Ken either doesn't understand how the USPS works, or refuses to ship parcels under 4 pounds via Airmail Letter Post

In 2002 the USPS changed Small Packet, to Letter Post, and many people (including some of the USPS employees) were confused by the name change. I deal in online sales for a living so I was aware of the confusion this might cause, and it has. On my last order from Petsolutions they were quoting Surface Parcel Post ($15.25), when they should have been quoting Airmail Letter Post. ($3.70) Airmail Letter Post costs approx $3.70-$5.70, but there are of course size & weight restrictions.

FYI ..... Air Mail Letter Post allows parcels up to 4 pounds, with the following dimensions:

Max. length 24", Max. length, height, depth combined 36"

The shipping rates from the US to Canada are all the same (no matter where in Canada you live) and the fees applied can be calculated here:

http://ircalc.usps.gov/weight.asp?err=badc...inue&Contents=1

The bottom line is, the savings from Ken's won't be nearly as much as I had expected. :angry:

I'm going to send Ken an email & see what the deal is. I'll post back when I get word from him.