Silver Dollars-fins

Majestic_Aquariums

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Now that you mention it, RD., I looked again on the test kit for an exp. date, can't see one, but the test kit was bought new in late 2003. (It's an A.P. brand, I'm guessing it's the same kit Degrassi was having problems with) I will try the Hagen test kit and see. This 90 gal has 2-AC500"s running, and I've never lost a fish in 11 months...but no live plants.

Robert - if you still have the box, the year will be on the bottom. It's not an expiry date, but at least it gets you in the ballpark of when it was made. I believe the shelf life for AP test kits is 4 years. I've had good success with the AP test kits. As Val mentioned, you should always have 'some' nitrates showing.

Edited by RD.

The A.P test kit is dated 2002 on the bottom, I tested with the Hagen test kit I have as well, it is reading 0.1, as this is where the chart starts. The date (exp) of the Hagen is the end of this year, 12/31/05.

I tested for ammonia as well, it is ranging between 0-0.6, depending on the light I read it in.

I have always found the A.P. test kit to be more accurate in the marine tanks than the Hagen. Degrassi, wanna split the cost of that $75.00 test? :angry:

• 4 weeks later...