Getting Cherry shrimp redder

Vallisneria

I was wondering if its possible to get cherry shrimp redder? I've been checking around the web and there are some pics of some super red cherry shrimps. MIne are red but more of a lighter red, not a solid beet red like some of the pics. Does this color varience have to do with breeding or with what is fed to them? I mean can you take a pale shrimp and turn it into a bright one? Or would I have to buy some of the super red cherries to get that Beet red color?

IME, the older females get, the redder they are. I've also found that bright light brings out color in them. Of course, I mainly feed mine NLS, which is supposed to bring out reds, anyway.

Since most of my cherries are from you and mine are a deep dark red perhaps it is diet.

Mine get hikari sinking wafers and NLS. Only a couple of them have a truly stunning red the rest are more light red.

I'd say it's the bottom. I keep mine in a tank w. dark gravel. I had them w. a sand bottom, but they looked pale and washed out all the time.