Broke my tank

I'm so pissed! :cuss: I broke my 25g and I just finished siliconing the background into. I had it in the bathtub as I was rinsing it and when I took it out I rested it on the edge of the tub and a big chunk chipped off the front corner. :boom:

I"m not only pissed I broke a tank but I'm pissed I just finished putting in the new background. I dont' think I'll be able to remove it so that was a waste of money.

Too bad it wasn't the top corner, atlest then i'd still be able to use it.

Sorry for the rant :ph43r:

It wasn't a flaw in the tank. I'm not sure exactly what happened as I didn't hit it against the tub. It must have just been the pressure of the tank against the tub. I know I shouldn't have rested it there but I just needed to put it down to get a better grip.

Oh well, Atleast it wasn't a brand new tank. It was a used tank that I had to reseal.

Val you can replace the front pane of glass and still use the tank. I have a number of tanks that I replaced a broken pane on.

About a month ago, I dropped 2 tanks that I'd already sold.... I know how you feel. :cry:

About a month ago, I dropped 2 tanks that I'd already sold.... I know how you feel. :cry:

Ouch, thats a bit worse.

After I was done freaking out yesterday, I went back and took a closer look at the chip and it only goes about half way thought the glass. Is it still safe to use?

Ouch, thats a bit worse.

After I was done freaking out yesterday, I went back and took a closer look at the chip and it only goes about half way thought the glass. Is it still safe to use?

It's a 25G "I" would toss it for the time and hassle replacing a pane prolly cost the same amount for a new tank at Petsmart just don't buy a kit I picked up a 29G last winter for $40 just for the tank.

I'm going to test fill it outside this weekend and see how it goes. If it doesn't leak then I'll probably keep it for a grow out tank, something that isn't a permanent tank. Also, in my room(in the basement) I I have a floor drain in my closet and linoleum on the floor. So if it does decide to leak it won't cause too much damage.

I have put a small patch of glass inside of tanks for reinforcement with chips like that and they are fine. Here is a 25 tall with a chip near the bottom.

patch001.jpg

patch002.jpg