What do you feed your plecos?

Golfnut

My pleco eats zucchini, cucumber, kiwi, and peach as a staple diet. (He really loves the peach, it's the only thing he eats right down to the skin, no matter how much I feed.) He also occasionally will eat, potato, tomato, lettuce, and because halloween is coming up, cooked pumpkin. I always serve his produce with a few NLS wafers pushed into it. And, as a side effect of feeding the NLS wafers, I've finally found a prepared food that the oscar likes! No little pellets for that fish, I can actually hear the oscar grind up the wafers in his throat.

In the summer, you can take a small clear plastic container and put a bunch of fair sized rocks in there that will look good in your aquarium. Set them where they will get alot of sun and you will have algae in a few days. Just get enough rocks that you can rotate the ones with algae and the clean ones once the plecos are done.

When I ran out of wafers , I started to drop in some 3mm sized sinking NLS pellets at lights out. They love it just as much,so I haven't bothered with buying new wafers. They also love the vegies. Most of my plecos are carnivorous so the pellets are great for them.

When I ran out of wafers , I started to drop in some 3mm sized sinking NLS pellets at lights out. They love it just as much,so I haven't bothered with buying new wafers. They also love the vegies. Most of my plecos are carnivorous so the pellets are great for them.

Do you feed your carnivorous plecos anything in addition to the NLS wafers?

Do zukes and cukes need to be blanched or cooked or just in the raw form?

I always feed those raw. I use a spoon to weigh it down, (push handle through vegetable, tie fishing line to spoon and leave the other end out of the tank for easy removal the next morning.) Pumpkin and potato I cook.

I use a nail brush and a few drops of dish soap to scrub the peel clean. I worry about pesticides and such. Once rinsed very clean , I cut into chunks, spear it with a fork and let it sink to the tank bottom . The string is a great idea for retrieval , I use a plant,long handled, grabber to get the fork back.