Cookie problem?

nighthawk

To the mods:

My computer is no longer recognizing my exit from the board. If I link to the New Messages, unless I have actually logged out, I get the messages I have already read, as well as the new ones. Is there a way I can easily fix this? Is it a cookie problem? I do have cookies enabled for this site.

Thanks for your help!

You're exactly right on your cookie guess - time for fresh chocolate chips.

I'll assume you use Internet explorer, in which case you can simply head to Tools, Internet Options, Delete Cookies but that will take out all of them - not bad unless you're apt to forget a login or two at other sites...

Manually (and a bit higher ranked on the geekometer) you would go to the same place as above, but look to the right of the Delete Cookies button and instead choose the Settings button. New little dialogue window and there is an option for View Files. Selecting that will open a Windows Explorer... um... window that will show you all your cookies. WARNING! If this is a shared or family computer, you may see cookies that are... eh... questionable... bear in mind that all kinds of interesting websites will drop cookies on your computer and this doesn't always mean that the site has been visited or viewed on the computer... it could have been a reference, or a pop up that is blocked, or all kinds of other things... At least that's what I tell my wife, and she buys it (mostly).

Anyways, once you have the list of cookies open, browse through and delete any from this site. They will generate from both albertaaquatica.com AND www.albertaaquatica.com so make sure you check for both. Close all browser windows and then launch IE and come sign in again. That should do it, 100%.

If not... PM me.

I just click on the 'Mark all forums as read and return to index' link at the top of the forums when you click 'View New Posts'.

Works every time for me.

Edited by jvision

I keep reading posts and then they come back as unread posts.

I keep reading posts and then they come back as unread posts.

I had a smiler problem I found that if I go out of a topic to the main page it would still say that there where unread posts in that forum but if I went to main page of the form and back to the main page of the board all was good again. I have also seen it some days where old post would be marked as unread even though I had read them week or even months ago.

Nope IE as well.

At the bottom of the main page, right above the Board Statistics is a link that offers the fancy feature of deleting the board's cookies. Hit it.

If that doesn't do it, then let me know. If you have not tried it yet, then just go do it, and it'll be fine.

I hope.

Apparently there is a small glitch with the last update from Invision along with the DST thinger last weekend and it's a little messed up... they have released an update but I am travelling this weekend and then I am back to work for pretty much 5 weeks straight so my time is very limited on getting the update done. I'll try to do it as soon as I can, but I simply cannot say when that may be.