NNNNOOOOOOOO!!!!!

FishBrain

Ok I need some help, Yesterday I moved everyone around and in trying to make some happiness in my tanks again I moved my sharks, clown loach, and angels to a 75 Gallon tank because everyone was a little stressed. All was going good until @ about 8PM I heard a noise come from the filter(only one without a cover on the pipes) I ran over and unplgged it and took it apart to find that my clown had been sucked up into it. :(:(

When I got him out and back into the tank I could see that He has cuts on his mouth and gills. There is some tissue hanging off where it hit him. BTW he got sucked into an Aquaclear 500!!!

I only have the one as I cant seem to keep any others alive to stay with him. He loves swimming with the sharks as a school. Anyway he quickly hid into the castle at the back and has nt come out today. I can see him move once in a while but Im sure he is hurting big time. What can I use to help him without hurting anyone else in the tank. I understand that he has no scales and am not sure what to put with him for healing. Is salt Ok? what about the mela or Pima fix? Never used them before. I would do what ever it takes to help him as he is one of the families fav fish

PLEASE HELP :( :mad:

Needless to say there is a cover on it now

I dont' think i would put him in a 2.5g. In a tank that small is would be hard to keep the water good. It might end up stressing him more. If you have a filter and a heater you can always make a Temp. Q tank out of a bucket or rubbermaid container. That would be better then the 2.5g

But if you dont' want to move him, i would just add melafix to the main tank. If you use the pond strengh melafix it doesn't cost too much to treat larger tanks.

Jsut make sure you can check on him to make sure he is still alive. Dont' want him cramming himself inside something and dying without you knowing:(

hhhhhmmmmmm......

OK first a bucket might do the trick IF i can get him out easily

there is nothing he can get stuck in he seems to be hanging out in the castle and it has large holes in it and lots of room inside

Pond melafix...where can I find that?

Price?

not much money right now

If I do a full treatment in the large tank, is there any cause for concern of the healthy fish?bala, angel, pleco, gourami??

• 2 weeks later...

OKAYYYYY, Still alive and doing very well..

nose is all healed and colour is coming back!!!!!

a liitle more lazy thanbefore but no complaints since he is still alive!!!! :flex:

no more treatment and lets see how things workout

THANKS ALL :beer: :thumbs:

Wow...what a recovery!!

He is doing very well and so I went out to Chums and picked up some friends for him. I am trying to get a picture of his mouth for every one to see. The only barbs he has are 4 tiny whiskers on his chin. Healed up and doing well.

will post pic as soon as it taken :thumbs: