New 90 gallon

colby82

Whats the name of the fish in picture 3.

Is it wise to put bottom feeders in with a stingray? Wouldn't they get eaten after a bit?

i have had that ray for 2.5 yrs, and she has never eaten any of my fish yet.. and as long as the Bottom feeder is larger then her mouth she wont.. if anything, they bug her more...

Tank looks really good... What type of ray is it? how big was it when you got it my rays grow a lot in a year, yours looks healthy though. keep up the good work.. My rays never tried to eat my loaches when they were in there but they did eat my 8" redtail barracuda.

Edited by CORVETTE

Nice looking tank

i got the ray about 2 yrs ago... it was sold to me as a Hystrix ray.. but now, she is starting to have VERY SMALL characteristics of a marble motoro.. she has developed small white circles in her pattern... and she was probably.. 4 ish inches.. and now she is about 11... so slow grower, but the hystrix doesnt grow that fast and is one of the smaller rays..

They must be young ones?

I looked them up because they are nice looking fish, but all I get are adult pics, no juvies and the thread-finned cichlid has..well you guessed it, fins that look like threads.

Very cool looking fish though, where'd you find them at?

that is a Acarichthys heckelii

kewl fish, i like them alot... there are 4 of them.. the seemed to calm the tank down a bit when i put them in there.. (newest fish buy)

ya they are the newest to then tank.. i got them at golds... but i had to wait for them to be out of quarantine and then i bought them asap, cause i have wanted them for awhile.. th adults don't look much different. they keep there tourqousie spots and eye that looks like a tear.

i notice that in one of the bulk buy list s on this site they had them for about 6 99 i think...

They must be young ones?

I looked them up because they are nice looking fish, but all I get are adult pics, no juvies and the thread-finned cichlid has..well you guessed it, fins that look like threads.

Very cool looking fish though, where'd you find them at?

that is a Acarichthys heckelii

kewl fish, i like them alot... there are 4 of them.. the seemed to calm the tank down a bit when i put them in there.. (newest fish buy)