T5 Strip Lights

bigfishal

Hey just wondering if anyone has ever had any problems with the T5 coralife strip lights?

I have seem to found that they just wont last more the 8 months. I have a 48" light that

had just blew on me and the same thing happened to my grandfathers T5 48" after it was

8 months old as well!

I have about 9 others that are running right now and im going to see if they all fail on me soon

I sure hope they don't!

Any info would really help.

Thanks.

I was going to try and take them apart and see if they could be fixed but they are totally sealed shut!

So I guess they are non fixable. Unless some one has found a way in getting them apart?

• 2 weeks later...
My 48 inch T5 light has been working problem free for the last 2 years. However, I've read enough complaints about the 4 foot size that I were buying again today, I probably wouldn't.

Mine just went. Now taking recommendations for replacement brands.......

• 4 weeks later...

Well looks like I have had just about enough of the 48inch T5's. Just had 2 more go on me!!!!!

I went to turn 1 of and got a nice boost of energy strait through my arm!!!! :boom:

I think it's about time to go back to the old way I always did it and buy a $10 light fixture and

just put the aquarium lighting in those.

Good luck on the people that have not had any problems yet.

Edited by bigfishal

The 48 inch ones are junk I now have 5 not working out of nine included in that are 2 that I exchanged already. They are all 6-18 month old. Can't wait to see the look on Dennis's face when I bring them back.