best pleco for C/A tank

Parachromis1

You could always put a solid color blind over the window.

The problem with most big plecos is that they start to enjoy fishfood much more than algae. An adult Male BN would be your best bet... and make sure he's got somewhere to hide out during the day that none of the cichlids can get at.

yeah the RT is gonna be waaaaaaay too big for that tank, but im planning on building a 6'x 6' x 4'h this summer in my fish room, and putting my aro

and a few peacock bass in there as well as a couple cichlids.

so a mag float is gonna be the best idea?

• 3 weeks later...

I have heard that BN plecos are the best for cichlid tanks. We have a leopard pleco we used to have in our african cichlid tank, but he was getting beat up in there, but he is about 5-6" long. We are trying to get rid of him now, so if you want him I will give him to you for $10? But you live in edmonton so for the price of gas money that won't work :( But we have found him to do a great job when he was in there. I have some ottos in my 90 gallon ca/sa tank, but none of our fish will eat them except maybe our angels when they get big enough. They do a great job, but unfortunately only grow to about an inch and a half in length. I also heard that siamese algae eaters are great for cleaning, and are not as aggressive as the chinese algae eater. We have 2 CAE in our african cichlid tank now, but they can be very aggressive.