Frontosa Newbie in Calgary

frontosas

Hello everyone! My name is Brian and I have been viewing this site for some time now and find it a valuable resource of information. Until recently I have been very interested in Africa Cichlids and now want to start a Frontosa tank. My user name says it all “Fronts Rock”. I am a newbie to Frontosa’s and found this site has given me a lot of information to get started. I am just not sure if I should start with Fry’s, Juvies or Adult Frontosa’s… Any suggestions for the newbie? I will be starting a new 90 gallon aquarium for the Frontosa’s which will bring my total number of aquariums to 6… Hobby that has got out of control… admitting addiction is the first step to recovery!! LOL!! I am no expert by any means and any help would be appreciated!! Thanks everyone!!

FRONTS ROCK!!

:thumbs:

Welcome to the forum

Front's are a really cool fish, but you'll definitely be needing something larger than a 90 for them. It'll do as a growout, but you'd be better off with a 6' 135 gallon+ tank for the long term.

Good morning. I believe you but this is just to get started.Plans are to get something along the lines of a 250 gallon in the near future. Now if you could just tell my girlfriend that, we could have the 250g tomorrow!! LOL!! Thanks for the heads up!!

FRONTS ROCK!!

What to start with? Depends on if you have more money or more time.

Fry are cheaper but you will need two years to maturity. I started with Juveniles in the 2-6 inch range in a 180 gallon tank.

An eighty or ninety gallon or so is fine for fry up to three inches and then you better be prepared to move up.