Filtration for fish room

Linsay

Hey, what do you guys use for filtration for your fish rooms? I was thinking maybe a big sump / pond filter / canister with octopus like tubes coming off and into the tanks. There's going to be about a dozen tanks in a U shaped corner in the basement. The tanks are around 20 gallons each.

I'm not breeding for profit or setting up a store or anything, just need to keep the predators fed :smokey:

Any suggestions would be very much appreciated.

Thank you

Hey, what do you guys use for filtration for your fish rooms? I was thinking maybe a big sump / pond filter / canister with octopus like tubes coming off and into the tanks. There's going to be about a dozen tanks in a U shaped corner in the basement. The tanks are around 20 gallons each.

I'm not breeding for profit or setting up a store or anything, just need to keep the predators fed :smokey:

Any suggestions would be very much appreciated.

Thank you

Hi,

For 20 gallon tanks and smaller I use sponge filters. It's cheap, energy efficient, and easy to maintain.

I haven,t set up my fishroom yet but I am planning on using aquaclears for the 8- 50 gallon and the 120 gallon. I am also setting up 5- 20 gal, 4- 15 gal and 4- 10 gal which I plan to run sponges for them.

All the Aquaclears are the same size so I can buy in bulk and and the sponges are for easy maintanance.

Derek

I use a Hiblow hp40 to run sponges on most of my fish room The larger tanks have 2 sponges running them. on my other tanks I have Rena xp3s or Aquaclears for the most part.

I had one system of 3 tanks w. a common sump, otherwise each tank was individually filter.

I haven,t set up my fishroom yet but I am planning on using aquaclears for the 8- 50 gallon and the 120 gallon. I am also setting up 5- 20 gal, 4- 15 gal and 4- 10 gal which I plan to run sponges for them.

All the Aquaclears are the same size so I can buy in bulk and and the sponges are for easy maintanance.

Derek

Hi Derek,

I have a similar setup. In my rack with 9- 45 gallon tanks I run Maxi-Jet 600 hooked up to Hydro-Sponge IV Pro. Fits perfect. I do this because I have no access to the back of my tanks, there is no risk of leaks, and there is virtually no evaporation since I can use tight lids.

I'm not breeding for profit
dont we all know it! if you are planing to keep these tanks around for a while i would put in the effort and drill and plumb them all, its not as hard as a lot of people think, and the end result is DEFINITLY worth it