Big Al's Calgary

jbot

Golds is the cheepest, but I don't normally go there. Elite has quility fish and customer service that is unparalleled. Colby rocks! Francos also has good quality and Linda knows her stuff.

Edited by Kraken

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Just checked it out and it wasn't worth the time. The fishroom is big but a lot of tanks are still empty and it looks like they haven't quite finished the construction. Half the dry goods didn't have prices yet and neither did any of the tanks on display.

I'm hoping that this was a soft opening and not their idea of a grand opening. Time will tell I guess.

We were in and they said that their grand opening will be in October. Obviously you don't want a grand opening to happen until you are completely ready to showcase your dream. From what we saw it is an ambitious undertaking, that when done, will be spectacular.

Yep, Harold already warned me about BA's prices. I am definitely not holding my breath, nor will I shop there all the time. I will be going to check out their grand opening specials, but that's about it. I like Francos, but sometimes the variety is not that great....on some of the fish, it says you get 3 for $10 or something like that, but you have to buy 3 different colors. So if I wanted 3 kenyi's, I could not get them for that price :( Anyhow, golds is still my fav place to shop, and not many people can beat their prices. I went there to price out the T5HO lighting units, about $66 for the one I wanted, over at pisces they wanted about $80 for the exact same fixture. But pisces definitely has one of the best plant selections in calgary.