Choosing new center piece fish

Vallisneria

Val, here's my bigger male, who usually stays front and centre in the tank

Photo_072408_002.jpg

They have more of a blush color on their cheeks and throat, but hte blue on them is spectacular

Photo_072408_003.jpg

Sorry about the crappy pics, I lost the cable for the camera, so had to take these w. my phone.

Not a fan of veil tail angelfish, for some reason I dont' like fancy finned fish. I like the marbel koi and the wild stripped ones.

I'm still torn between trying something new or sticking to angelfish. Angelfish look so pretty in a planted tank.

I guess I'll just have to wait to see if anything catches my eye at the stores.

I have some of these black ghost angels Val. The flash kind of washed out the black.

auction009a.jpg

I've never really wanted to keep discus. They look pretty but the maintenace is more then I want to do.

Would Kribs work? I've heard they can be pretty territorial when breeding and can keep all the fish stuck to one side of the tank. IS this the norm or just get an aggressive pair.

Severums dont' work well with plants right?

Firemouths? Are they aggressive?

Severums do eat plants, definitely not recommended unless you want to see all of your plants gone. Firemouths, well some can be aggressive. We had ours in with our community tank, he was pretty aggressive towards all the other fish, like our bolivian rams, so we removed him and now he has a nice home with our salvinis, convicts etc. I think they might just be a little too aggressive for a good community tank, but you can surely give it a try. What about a Cichlasoma dimerus? or a couple bolivian rams. There are a few options. I just would try not to get anything too aggressive for your tank. Kribensis might work, but if you have a breeding pair that want to spawn, they may stir up some trouble. To be honest angels are really nice because they stay near the top, and you can see them. Some of these other fish you might not see all the time.

For a 33g, 2 would be ideal, or you could go with 3 and hope you don't get a pair.