Fishroom Sept. 14-08

patrick

Here are some pics of our current setup.

The rack with 9x45 gallon tanks.

From the top left.

Tank #1: Breeding tank with Pyxichromis orthostoma, Haplochromis sp. "Ruby Green".

Tank #2: Breeding tank with Paralabidochromis chromogynos.

Tank #3: Grow out tank with Lipochromis sp. "Matumbi hunter", Paralabidochromis sp. "Redfin Piebald", Xystichromis sp. "Flameback".

Tank #4: Breeding tank with Lithochromis rufus, Neochromis omnicaeruleus, Ptyochromis sp. "Hippo point salmon".

Tank #5: Breeding tank with Xystichromis sp. "Flameback", Paralabidochromis sp. "Rock kribensis".

Tank #6: Breeding tank with Xystichromis sp. "Kyoga Flameback".

Tank #7: Grow out/breeding tank with Astatotilapia nubila, Paralabidochromis chromogynos.

Tank #8: Breeding tank with Xystichromis sp. "Dayglow".

Tank #9: Breeding tank with Paralabidochromis sp. "Redfin Piebald".

frsept14-08-1-500px.jpg

To the top left a 10 gallon "spit tank" with dividers, currently inhabited by 2 Xystichromis sp. "Kyoga Flameback". Underneath the 10 is a 30 gallon fry tank with Xystichromis sp. "Dayglow". Top right is a 90 gallon with Lipochromis sp. "Matumbi hunter". Below the 90 is a couple of 20's with fry from Lithochromis rufus and Xystichromis sp. "Kyoga flameback"

frsept14-08-2-500px.jpg

Four 20's with fry from Pyxichromis orthostoma, Paralabidochromis sp. "Redfin piebald" and Xystichromis sp. "Flameback" to the top left. underneath are fry from Haplochromis sp. "Ruby Green". In the top right I am growing out som Paralabidochromis sp. "Redfin piebald" that later will be used for breeding. Underneath is an EMPTY 20 gallon tank lol. Actually it does have a few feeders that I keep there so the tank will stay cycled...

frsept14-08-24-500px.jpg

A couple of 20's to the left, one with Pyxichromis orthostoma fry and the other is quarentine/hospital tank and is currently housing 5 juvenile Astatotilapia latifasciata that I recently aquired. To the right is a 75 where all my Lipochromis sp. "Matumbi hunter" will be kept.

frsept14-08-19-500px.jpg

Homemade brine shrimp hatchery, a few Betta tanks, some 10's with betta's, guppys, shrimp, bristlenose. Below a couple of tupperware cointainers with guppys and betta fry.

frsept14-08-20-500px.jpg

A six pack of Betta breeding tanks.

frsept14-08-21-500px.jpg

Very nice . And yes Very Clean

We all dream of this and you have made it happen.

Very nice fish room.

Thanks, everyone... from Patrick and I...

As far as the plants in the 10 gal goes, its Java Moss with Hornwort a small Anubias a plant I have no idea what its name is.... Sorry... I just through some plants in, they grow like mad.. I like to use alot of plants only for hiding small shrimplets and fry...

The Shrimps we are currently breeding is Black Crystals/Tiger/Crystal Reds and a few Amano shrimp...

Guppies are Pingu (pure), and Pingu mix with Orange trying to see what will happen.

LOL no Warehouse, a large basement!! We've been working on this for about 2 years now... and it keeps growing. Thankfully both Patrick and I are passionate about this hobby so it works...

Although we both have different passions, his is Victorian's and I am passionate about Betta's and shrimp presently I do love Guppies as well, but they reproduce so much and fast hard to keep up with.

OF course I would love to get into more exotic betta's and I will eventually.. but at present I will work with what is available.

:bow: :drool: :boxed: Holy moly, I wish I had a basement that looked like that. What a wonderful set up you guys have made there. What kind of shelving units are you using for the first picture? I wanted to look into getting one for all my smaller tanks....to free up space :)

:bow: :drool: :boxed: Holy moly, I wish I had a basement that looked like that. What a wonderful set up you guys have made there. What kind of shelving units are you using for the first picture? I wanted to look into getting one for all my smaller tanks....to free up space :)