410 gallon tank

rED O

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Looks good. What kind of floor are you putting it on? you might want to put plates under the feet to spread out the load from those little points. Thats why most stands sit right on the bottom pice of HSS tubing to spread out the weight. Just an idea? can't weight to see the tank.

Looks good. What kind of floor are you putting it on? you might want to put plates under the feet to spread out the load from those little points. Thats why most stands sit right on the bottom pice of HSS tubing to spread out the weight. Just an idea? can't weight to see the tank.

Great looking stand,

That's what Corvette means, you might want to place steel plates between your concrete and stand to distribute the load of the tank. Good idea to have adjustable feet!! I hope the end caps where the treads are does not collapse because of the heavy load.

Great looking stand,

That's what Corvette means, you might want to place steel plates between your concrete and stand to distribute the load of the tank. Good idea to have adjustable feet!! I hope the end caps where the treads are does not collapse because of the heavy load.

oh, yeah we are going to put metal under the legs. I doubt the threds will break. Its a huge bolt.

Great looking stand, and definitely solidly built. It is a huge looking bolt, but as the others have said, that's a LOT of weight to be distributed on the 6 bolts (somewhere around 700 pounds each). I've never seen a commercially made stand with any sort of adjustment like you have, and I think there's maybe a reason for it.

Great looking stand,

great point,,,its hard to beleive that six bolt will hold roughly 4100 + pounds.. i

best of luck..

Great looking stand,

great point,,,its hard to beleive that six bolt will hold roughly 4100 + pounds.. i

best of luck..

the bolts are not holding 4100 pounds each. There are 6, so its 4100 divided buy 6. Also come look at the bolts, they are huge. they can hold more then 700 pounds.

Edited by rED O

Oilers aren't even worth watching anymore.

Great looking stand,

best of luck..

the bolts are not holding 4100 pounds each. There are 6, so its 4100 divided buy 6. Also come look at the bolts, they are huge. they can hold more then 700 pounds.

Hey NO Worries!! Your stand looks great, I just wasn't sure about your adjustable feet. As long as you are sure, better to vent now then later.

Edited by letsgofishn

Hey Dustin the stand looks good. This is kinda funny but that stand is almost identicle to the one I built 1.5 years ago. The bolts work perfect for adjusting it. I think you allready mentioned that you were going to put some metal plates under the feet so I think you have everything covered. When you set up your tank make sure you put the tank on the stand first and fill it and leave the bottom off so you can adjust it with wieght on the stand. After it is adjusted then put your bottom plate on and the sump if you go that way. The middle back bolt is a pain if it's up against the wall.

Hey Dustin the stand looks good. This is kinda funny but that stand is almost identicle to the one I built 1.5 years ago. The bolts work perfect for adjusting it. I think you allready mentioned that you were going to put some metal plates under the feet so I think you have everything covered. When you set up your tank make sure you put the tank on the stand first and fill it and leave the bottom off so you can adjust it with wieght on the stand. After it is adjusted then put your bottom plate on and the sump if you go that way. The middle back bolt is a pain if it's up against the wall.

Thanks for the advice :thumbs: