410 gallon tank

rED O

I was looking into buying a 225 gallon tank. My dad wants me to build a tank, and he said if I go big to go big. So we will build a 327 gallon tank. The dimensions will be 84 ( 7 feet) buy 30 high and 30 wide. We hope to have it up by summer 2009. How thick should the glass be? 3/4 inch? 1 inch glass? how much would i be looking into spending on this?Were should I go to get glass cut?It will be cool. I hope to have 6 oscars and a arowana and a pleco and 2 jd.

Edited by rED O

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Best of luck with your build! Look forwrd to seeing the progress and final result! Building a plywood tank was at the back of my mind for a while but I don't think I'd be a big fan of working with all the epoxies and paints and such.

3/4" glass will be more than enough, that's what my dad had for his 485 gallon.

Boom :boom:

MFK is the place to do your research, IMO - there are so many different ideas I've seen there, and most of them seem pretty doable for the average Joe... or Dustin ;)

MFK is the place to do your research, IMO - there are so many different ideas I've seen there, and most of them seem pretty doable for the average Joe... or Dustin ;)
haha thanks Jason. When are you going to start on your 300 gallon?

wqhat fish are you looking at? If you don't need to hight yo might want to look an something like a 8'x3'x2', I have 2 29" tall tanks and I wish that they where shorter and wider.

wqhat fish are you looking at? If you don't need to hight yo might want to look an something like a 8'x3'x2', I have 2 29" tall tanks and I wish that they where shorter and wider.
i like my current plans of 84 x 30 x 30

for stocking

1 arowana

4 oscars

3 jack dempsesy

2 unknown cat fish or 2 cb plecos

oh Iam going to round it up to a 330 gallon tank, it sounds bigger then a 327.7999 :thumbs:

Edited by rED O

Let me know when its done I'd love to see it. :)

Sure thing Paul, it will be very cool when its set up and you can come over to see it when its done. A monster tank, well not compared to a 50 000 like mr 50 000 on MFK. if you'd like you can buy the front glass for me. Its around $400.00 :thumbs: