"Looking For" Post

I just had a thought that we should get a post going where people can post what they are looking for and others can reply if they see them around, just for freshwater fish. Maybe we could get it pinned in the General Discussion area like the plant give away/swap section.

What about it?

Cheers to that, I agree with you

The problem with threads like these are they get very cluttered and once they get longer, people don't tend to read through them. Also, people don't seem to notice the pinned threads at the top of the forums(ex. people asking for LFS addresses when there is a pinned thread listing them all)

If people are looking for something they can post it in the buy/sell as a "LF: whatever item you want" ad. Since the buy/sell forums get the most views, you'd probably have better luck getting your answer.

The problem with threads like these are they get very cluttered and once they get longer, people don't tend to read through them. Also, people don't seem to notice the pinned threads at the top of the forums(ex. people asking for LFS addresses when there is a pinned thread listing them all)

If people are looking for something they can post it in the buy/sell as a "LF: whatever item you want" ad. Since the buy/sell forums get the most views, you'd probably have better luck getting your answer.

I just thought it would concentrate the options and keep clutter off of the buy/sell.

I think keeping it to the buy/sell forum is great b/c when I'm LF something, I'm usually looking to buy something, or hoping someone will sell me something. :)

Edited by jvision