Male Betta

Mmamnstr

New male, threw in an unbred female, shes full of eggs, all barred up, he's made a very nice nest, he flares..rubs against her, she is calm and waiting, even rolling a bit to the side for the "Embrace" and he

...does nothing!

Slow learner? :blush:

Is it warm enough? If the temp is much below 80F, he may not do anything...

Actually below 75 degrees :thumbs: I breed them at 75degrees no problem...

He has a bubble nest, she is ready it takes them hours to preform the action... I leave them together for 24 hours and at the 24mark they just start ...

I wouldn't be too concerned, he is getting it right he is healthy I would say slow learner and or hopeless romantic... :smokey:

they would happen to be the pair in you avi in the bowl

Yuppers, left work today and after 2 days , added the spotlight to heat the water and she was kicking him into position, hes got the idea!

well im gonna :chair: if you keep bowls spawning ,the should be in a 5 gallon with a heater and lots o' plants ,but who am i to judge(i wroght this in the least derogitory way possible)

Humm... I have to beg to differ on your theory, its a myth... I spawn my Pair in a 2.5 gal tank always... with 75 degree temps.. Atison's world famous betta breeder breeds his in about the same gal as I do.. I follow his method...

half filled five gallon ,with a fake plant at the surface for the male to build a bubble nest on ,with a clear divider to keep the male and female separated ,but can still see each other ,and the top is covered with a lid and saranirap ,and i dont use gavel or fillters ,just 20% water changes once a week once the fry hit one week old. :D

(i know that i might be a little over ecsessive.)