plants arrived okay

fishclubgirl

Hi guys,

I'm addicted to aquabid and have been getting some of my plants on there. Decided to try getting plants from Singapore at the beginning of December(Why don't you wait until it's warmer?, the other half says. My selective hearing kicked in.) So they took 2 and half weeks and arrived in when it was minus 25. Also sat on my desk for 2 days as I was out of town(getting more plants too,oops). The portions were more than generous and 2 of the 4 plants looked like they'd just come from the store. The others will take a bit of time to catch up but look like they're going to make it. I have started another order already as I'm really pleased with my purchases. So if you're thinking of ordering from Asia, try it. The prices are good and the shipping is super cheap. Just thought I'd let everyone know my experience.

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I tried that site in the past. For me it was two purchases where I paid for something and nothing ever arrived. By the way how are you getting around the import laws surrounding live plants? Do you have a certificate?

Edited by Baos

When I deal with a new supplier, I make it clear that I will be buying more and recommending them too. Makes sure that they give me good service. You're right; they don't do the necessary paperwork but they aren't the only ones. Have had plants come in from the states that had no paperwork. On aquabid, "feedback is your friend".

i have ordered plants twice of ebay from Johor Bahru, Johor, Malaysia and they have arrived with no problems and they were cheap. I also just ordered for a third time without thinking about the cold weather. hope everything goes well!

I've just started another order too. Hopefully it warms up before they arrive. Thought it was interesting that my plants from Asia were okay but had to get a refund from one of my US suppliers. I'll probably do an order from another US supplier though.

my plants arrived today they were all frozen. i think the bulbs will be OK but the two types of java fern do not look to good. the leaves are a dark green almost see through but i put them in the tank and i will see what happens. also i ordered 3 Madagascar lace plants (bulbs) but i do not think that is what i got. the bulbs look different than normal. lace plant bulb that i have have are bell shaped and the ones that i just got are round ish.

Well, that sucks!!! I get my shipments sent to me at work so they're indoors asap. Not too familiar with madagascar lace bulbs. Heard they can be finicky and I follow the KISS principle. I do have regular java fern too if you need some. Finished my order from Asia but am getting a bigger one ready out of the US. I'm getting pretty tired of this cold too!!!

• 1 month later...

I orderd some java moss (10'' by10'' patch) from that john dude from Malaysia off of ebay and they accidentally sent me christmas moss...but, it was perfectly healthy ...cost me under $10 IN TOTAL and I actually am glad they mixed it up 'cause I like it better! Its a very rich dark green and is growing faster than the java moss I bought over a month ago.

Their user name on ebay is aquamagic, or something like that. They are from maylasia or somewhere like that

thats them...there was a bit of a warm spell when I got mine, perhaps it was just good timing?

It's good they're replacing them...they seem good and I liked the prices

My xmas moss from them took quite some time to come back but now is okay. Have so many orders gone astray lately I never now what's coming in. My philippine java fern from malaysia is doing great and I like it more than regular. Of mixed emotion about attempting to bring in plants and fish from other countries. I think I'll keep smuggling plants in my luggage!! Now wait for the comment from Werner!!!