plants arrived okay

fishclubgirl

I thought you already had Gil Grissom(now that he has some time) on the case. He'd have quite the time analysing where these plants are from. The xmas moss is just starting but I'll give you some when it's ready. How about some duckweed instead?

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was always wondering about ordering plants off aquabid. I was always afraid that they would arrive dead. I will check on there and see if there might be anything worth ordering.

Was at pisces today, their plants all looked very sad and half dead. But I picked up some rotala wallichii from BA's, and it was nice and healthy.

Hopefully I will have some bunches of plants ready for one of these auctions.

Talk to me sometime about ordering off aquabid. It's really a gamble!! If you have good conditions, you can sometimes revive some of those pet store plants though.Werner also get some plants from stores that you wouldn't buy fish from. That's an excellent piece of advice. Also have been told that if you're nice to the pet store, they can order in plants that you want. Beats wondering if your plants are going to arrive!! Not that ever has happened to me, yeah right.

Edited by fishclubgirl

That's true. I wonder if a plant is half dead, the pet store would give it to you for half off or something. Maybe I should give it a try and revive some of those plants :)

I know someone who works at pisces, if I ever need live plants maybe i'll convince him to get them to order some. Or I can always see if my boss can get them for me from one of his suppliers.

I saw on aquabid they had some fire moss. Anyone have any experience with that stuff?

i tried to get them to substitute flame moss instead of christmas moss but they said they did not have much left, even though they still had it listed for sale. and they said that christmas moss shipped better. i think they were just making excuses

All this talk of moss makes me jealous! I have been wanting to make a moss wall in my betta tanks for a long time. I'll be one of those eager to snatch up some of that Christmas moss if anyone ends up with too much. >.>

Okay, one order got lost but the next one just arrived. Everything looks good and the mosses look better than last time. Will let you know when I have flame or weeping moss to spare. This is getting addictive!!

i finally got my reshipped plants. they were short one bunch of windelov fern and sent regular java fern instead of narrow leaf java fern. the Madagascar lace bulbs seem to be OK and the windelov fern looks fine but the regular java fern looks half dead.when i took it out of the mail box it was half frozen.

i still have not received the second part of the shipment yet, the 4 bunches of Christmas moss

That's too bad to hear Shane, I think I will hold off from ordering plants until early spring when the nights aren't so cold. I know I am very impatient, but I know sometimes waiting for the right time can pay off. So did you hear of when they are supposed to ship you christmas moss? Do they ask you about substituting plants before they do it? Or do they just throw in whatever they want instead? I would be pretty angry if they did it without asking me first if that's what I want to do, as far as i'm concerned that is bad customer service, especially when you order a specific item, and instead of telling you they are all out, they send you something in it's place. I know I would be refusing to pay for an item they sent and I didn't want lol. The thing that gets me is these places still manage to stay in business.

BTW, what place were you guys ordering from on there? Any recommendations on sellers? Or ones I should plain stay away from?

Edited by firestorm

Is there anything there you were looking for? I (as per usual) went a little crazy and now have plants coming in from all over the place. I should be getting my next order next week and will have duplicates. Let me know!!